“drive on” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Rochester, New York
“drive on”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

breakfast consists of minimart-type honey buns and bad coffee...thank God there is a Waffle House in walking distance..room is musty and fee is 20 bucks for a dog.. just an old motel that needs a makeover ...naturally there were NO coupon rooms available! you pay a three star price for a one star stay

Room Tip: drivwe on an exit or two
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed here again after have such a positive experience last time. The owner of the hotel was there when we checked in which was rather late. He found my name in the computer from last time and welcomed us back and thanked us for staying. Our room was super clean and bed was really comfortable. We plan to stay here each time we go through Chattanooga. We usually spend one night before heading on up to Gatlinburg. The hotel is not a five star or the newest, but the staff is really friendly, and the rooms are very nice. I consider myself to be picky and I am completely satisfied regardless of what others have written. I have never seen a bug there or rats, or mold etc.

Room Tip: Great value. Rooms when we stayed down stairs were under $60.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Montello, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

I was a little concerned after reading the bad reviews, but since I was tired from a long drive & needed an affordable place to rest, I went here because if was close to the hwy. and I had a coupon from a travel guide. My room was alright. Not great, not bad, but ok for the price. As mentioned before, the breakfast is a plastic wrapped honey bun, but there is a nice microwave & refrigerator in the room, so bring your own instant oatmeal, cereal, disposable spoon & bowl, small milk, etc. and you'll be set to eat on the table in your room just fine. You need to make the best with what you have.

• Stayed December 2011
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

For a bottom of the line price you are getting a clean if plain room. They had just shampooed the carpets that day so at least the floor was clean. Free breakfast is a real disappointment consisting only of packaged honey buns, coffee and juice. For the price of one of the honey buns they could give you a nice waffle. If you do want waffles there is a Waffle House next door. It sits behind a Hampton Inn so it is off the busy street. Overall not bad but far from the Ritz.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

chewed up soap wrapper and rat poop on top of toilet. When i asked of there was a discount for having rat poop in my room, the owner said 'no'.
Need i say more?

• Stayed June 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The owners greeted me very nicely and set me up. Good value and clean. Showers even have good water pressure. Staying here gave me a good night sleep.

• Stayed June 2011
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stopped in for a place to sleep on our way to Gatlinburg for the week. I was a bit skeptical when I pulled up seeing the place for the first time. The aesthetic appeal is not great; but, the rooms were very clean and they were spacious. The room smelled clean and did not have a typical "motel" smell. The only reason I booked this place was because it was on Travelocity with double points on Amex and it was close to Rock City which we wanted to take in before heading on to Gatlinburg. My ONLY complaint was about the service that was received. The desk clerk which was a disgruntled elderly lady was NOT friendly at all. I called in and spoke with them earlier in the day prior to arrival that I would have two people instead of one and that we would be late. The owner (VERY nice gentlemen) told me no problem. When I got there, she made it well known that she was inconvenienced, demanded $10.00 and rushed me out the door. I was not impressed with her in the least. If you just need a place to sleep, it is really close to the interstate, quiet, and clean....just beware the old lady!

Room Tip: book online!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!