“Good value but Terrible neighboorhood, had security at the door and drug dealers outside.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn & Suites

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
and 1 more site!
You added Country Hearth Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
101 East 20th Street, Corner of Market and East 20th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #74 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Good value but Terrible neighboorhood, had security sitting in the lobby doorway and drug dealer looking people outside. Huge gate. To keep people in?!?!
15$ more and u can stay at the Knights Inn at the lookout valley exit. Not far.
It was so much better.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

If you enjoy prostitutes, drug addicts, roaches, and bed bugs this place is for you. The lobby is not staffed 24 hours, if you arrived at night you'll be greeted by someone at a pull out table outside. They have permanent residents who are scary to say the least. When we went up to our room one of the residents took the elevator up with us. He began to warn us to go straight to our room lock our door and be careful. All of this should have been enough warning for us to leave however we were extremely tired. Once we made it to our rooms we found roaches everywhere. The bed made you itchy, and through out the night all you heard was yelling and doors slamming. Oh and did I mention we could barley lock our door. It looked like it had been kicked in from the look of the hinges. For your own safety do not stay there.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was dirty I stayed here for two days I found 4 roaches and the toilet was broken Aswell as vagrants and drug dealers roaming around the parking lot. The second day a bullet came through the wall and almost hit one o my family before going out the roof a police report was filed and the bullet was never found for your safety stay away from this hotel

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I drove all the way from NY. When we drove up my face dropped. The place looked like it was going through renovations. Then to come to find out, the inn had people living there. That wouldn't be bad but don't mix with the guest of the inn. The guest should b on one side and rentals on another. The entire bldg outside needs painting. We opened the door, the carpet was worn, beds lopsided and worn, the chairs were stained, the drain in the sink was broke and the appliances were old and rusty. The bathroom had a leak over the toilet. Called front desk to tell them about the leak they said they would go upstairs to the people that lives on top of our room. Never came to even try to patch the hole or even look to see where the water was coming from. That led me to believe they already knew their was a leak. It wasn't even worth the low rates they charge. We had to cut our stay there short and find another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had to have special accomodations & didn't need to spend alot of extra money for them. This was perfect for our budget, for access to the attractions we wanted to experience, & etc. The staff was very accommodating & helpful. Anything we requested was brought quickly. The sofa bed was just that a sofa bed. However, the main bed was very comfortable & the shower was awesome. We enjoyed the indoor pool, exercise room, & breakfast. Free internet access/connections were fine. Our online reservations were honored. We checked in & out quickly with no problems. Great job folks!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
McDonough, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a overnight trip to Chattanooga w/o a reservation. While riding around we found this dump but it actually didn't look that bad from the outside. We went to our room, door said non-smoking but it reeeked of smoke, and decided to check out the pool. Once we were at the pool we were surrounded by prostitues asking for money. We immediatly went to the desk and ask for our money back, she refused so we went to dinner and came back to find the so called "secrurity guards" standing on the balcony drinking 40oz beers. We grabbed our bags and checked out 2 1/2 hours after check-in w/o a refund.

Room Tip: Dirty bed linens and towels
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

After riding around Chattanooga looking for a room, I saw the big Day's Inn sign beckoning to me. I knew the property was heavily used when the front door to the office scretched shut. The front desk clerk was very nice, moving slowly all the while. In the middle of my transaction she stopped and spent about five minutes on the pool to answer the question of the guest in line behind me. The room rate was good. I trudged off to my room on the first floor near the pool. Upon opening the door, I saw a large room with coffee table and a full sized bathroom. I stepped into the bathroom and noticed my shoes were soaked. There was a leak that kept on going all night long. The carpet was filthy and after settling in for a hour or two the mold smell began to aggravate my allergies. I asked myself, "Can I make it here all night long?" I was too tired to change hotels and still wanted to get out to see Chattanooga. As I showered I noticed the hot water knob on the shower was boiling to the touch. This Day's Inn is an old property. Unlike other Day's Inn that look okay from the outside but are actually filth traps inside, this hotel's exterior hinted at what was inside. I just wasn't prepared for the water leak.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!