“Best Business Hotel in Chattanooga” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville
“Best Business Hotel in Chattanooga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I've stayed in business-class hotels all over Tennessee. I don't usually stay in Doubletrees, because they can be hit-or-miss; however, the Doubletree Chattanooga is a gem.

There is ample parking in a large, well-lit lot adjacent to the building. Access is by keycard, but it doesn't cost anything. The rooms are well-equipped, nicely-furnished, and quiet! Hotel staff is friendly and helpful without being obsequious, and the location is centrally-located if you're doing business in the Chattanooga area. It's a quick walk to nice restaurants, or you can just eat at the hotel - the food there is good too. If you're in the mood for an exercise walk, the riverwalk is just a few blocks away.

If it were my choice, this is the hotel I'd stay at when visiting Chattanooga. Sadly, my company has instituted cost controls for 2010 that prevent me from staying here, but if you can stay here, this place should be your first choice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Millbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

The Hotel was ideally located right near my work and didn't need to worry about driving. One of my co- workers forgot toothpaste and the hotel staff ran out and picked some up and it was waiting for him after our meetings. Quick easy check in. Hotel staff forgot to include my breakfast vouchers ( my coworkers got them) but the breakfast staff fixed it without any fuss.

Great attention to detail. Only disappointing thing was I didn't have a bath tub in my room only a shower.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We spent 3 nights here during the Thanksgiving weekend and it was the best short drive trip we have had. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was extremely nice. The only time we used our car was to drive to the Rock City area and to find a restuarant open Thanksgiving night. We felt like the fitness center was nice - although I wish it would have been a little more away from the lobby area. The Thanksgiving Day meal was wonderful and the dressing was as good as Grandma's! The food was so good I would go back again next year. The area the hotel is located is safe and is definitely within walking distance of all of the Riverside area - Aquarium, other restaurants, etc. The hotel had some great areas to be able to sit and relax with a small group (we had a total group of 7 with us for that weekend). I only have 2 negative things about the hotel and they weren't biggies but I will mention them - the king size room we had was extremely small compared to other hotels, and I felt like I could smell cigarrette smoke coming from the other rooms in our room and the hallway at times. It was not strong but I could smell it. Great hotel, location, staff, amenities, etc!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

Hotel is close to everything downtown and only a block from getting onto the highway to go throughout the area. Fitness center is well equipped and the treadmills, elliptical machines, and bikes have individual tvs for viewing. Business center is nice and printing is free. One downside is the restaurant, but there are many choices within a couple of blocks and the area is safe for walking.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

The RBHS Class of 69 just held their 40th reunion at the Doubletree Hotel Chattanooga.
The service was excellent, the rooms were very nice and the staff went out of their way to make this a great reunion for our classmates.
We had to make a change in our host hotel a week out from the reunion, the original hotel that we had booked with back in March did not honor their contract with us so 10 days out we had to switch hotels. This could have been a major disaster if not for the staff of the Doubletree.
When I approached them with the problem they stepped up and gave us what we needed to make our reunion a success, then went over and above that to insure that
we had the best of everything for our reunion.
I highly recommend the Doubletree Hotel Chattanooga for any get togethers , meetings, events or just a weekend out.

• Stayed November 2009
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This hotel was excellent - clean, friendly staff and very accommodating. There were several conventions in town, and although we were not a part of them, we were treated equally as important as them. The staff, especially the manager Robert, were friendly and helpful. Excellent gym, nice outdoor pool. The rooms exceeded my expectations, since a renovation has recently been completed. Hotel is very close to the aquarium, science center and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The room here was rather small but clean and comfortable. The hotel is a little farther from the waterfront than other nearby hotels but still an easy walk. The service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and eager to help. From the valet to the front desk service was better thsan expected. The hotel bar is small with someome limited options, and feels like it was put in as an afterthought - the one part of the hotel with which we werent as impressed, If you are looking for a hotel to be near waterfront attractions (aquarium, imax, and easy access to the highway) you should be happy with the choice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!