“Good downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Good downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're looking for a downtown hotel in Chattanooga the Hilton and Marriott chains have a number of choices on Chestnut St. We chose the Doubletree. The lobby and second floor bar H2O) and restaurant (Eleven) are pleasant places if you don't feel like going out. The wait staff were very accommodating.
Our room for two was a bit narrow, but otherwise clean and comfortable. Parking was easy.
The front desk personnel were great. Kudos to Sarah and Megan

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandi P, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that our service and great amenities made your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again very soon!

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

In downtown Chattanooga, this hotel is only two block from the kid's discovery museum, very close to the aquarium, and many, many great restaurants. Staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband was in a motorcycle accident on August 25, 2013. I realized he would be at Erlanger Trauma Center for several weeks. I used our Hilton Honor points for a couple of those weeks. The staff in all areas of my stay were amazing. The valets were so kind in always asking how my husband was doing when I would come back in at night. Especially Chris would go out of his way to let me know how much he cared and thought of my husband. The chef one day offered to help me get my car earlier as the valets were very busy. And on one of my last days there I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad and when he found they were out of the dressing, he made it from scratch and it was amazing. I stayed two more weeks after my points ran out and was sad to tell everyone goodbye. Thank you Doubletree for making a terrible situation bearable with your kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Brandi P, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that we were able to make your stay feel like home! I will pass this along to Chris and the others who were so gracious to you during your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope that your husband is making a speedy recovery. Thank you again for choosing us.
Millington, Tn, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My room seemed to be very small for what Double Tree normally has # 820. Also the desk clerk sent us first to room 828. No such number. Later that evening we met a young couple on the elevator dragging their luggage back to the lobby. He said they gave him a room that didn't exist. Been there done that. I have to rate you average but for a Double Tree and Hilton I was disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience with the room situation. However, we do hope that the remaining part of your stay was a pleasure. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Chattanoooga.
Chattanooga, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was exemplary as well as the accommodations. The location was ideal, providing an easy access by foot to many restaurants, night clubs, and other attractions in Chattanooga. Additionally, the hotel location is in a very save area of the city. My only disappointment was the quality of the buffet. But, for breakfast, it did the job well enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brandi P, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your great comment! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon the next time you visit our area!
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great location - pricey breakfast -husband and I each had a bowl of cereal and he had some orange juice and it was $8.00 - first they charged us $17.00 and when we complained they changed it to $8.00. Also parking is $8.00 per night for self parking. Otherwise the room was nice and we had a great time there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brandi P, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry for the inconvenience and pricing issues during your dining expereince. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well me my wife and daughter just wanted to go Chattanooga Tennessee for the weekend. So we stayed here and so glad we did great place to stay. From the staff and waitress in dining room to valet best place ever stayed and we have stayed at a lot. Thank all of you we will be back.

• Stayed September 2013
Brandi P, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are truly happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We cannot wait to have you back in the future!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga? Share your experiences!