“Doubletree is always great.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Doubletree is always great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Their beds are always extremely comfortable. This trip we used valet parking. They valet guys were extremely knowledgeable about the restaurants and nightlife in the area. We had a great experience in Chattanooga based on their recommendations. Doubletree is always my first choice when looking for hotel accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Downtown Chattanooga. I'm happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon, Kim!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Maryville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This property is conveniently located and within walking distance to many attractions as well as the free shuttle offered by the city. The hotel is clean and well maintained. We stayed there a couple of months ago. We ended up in the same room for this trip and noticed that the furniture is already starting to show some wear. The hotel doesn't seem to offer any upgrades or special amenities to HHonors members. My only two complaints would be that the beds aren't terribly comfortable and we have had less than pleasant experiences with the breakfast bar. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again when traveling to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and nice comments of the DoubleTree by Hilton in Chattanooga. We're very sorry that the breakfast buffet and beds did not meet your expectations. We do try to upgrade HHonors when available, however, sometimes we may not succed. We do apologize that we were unable to accomodate you. The next time you're in Chattanooga, we hope you'll come back to see the changes we've made and tell us what you think. We want to provide you with the best guest experience. Thank you for helping us improve!
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I often travel to Chattanooga on business and every since my first stay at the Doubletree I will not look to stay elsewhere. The location was great and in a walking distance to all restaurants and venues in the downtown area. The staff is very accommodating which makes travel that much easier. Everything in the room is modern, from the bathroom, to the bed, desk and television.

I will highly recommend staying at this hotel as I certainly will visit again and again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Greg, thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in Chattanooga. We're happy to have you here! We appreciate your positive feedback, and are glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with your stay. We look forward to having you here again in the near futrue.
Scottsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were very satisfied with everything. I would highly recommend it. I love the location because it is right down town and close to so many things to do and places to eat. I don't think it was too kid friendly but still a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chattanooga. You are right, our location is very convenient to many Downtown Chattanooga attractions and restaurants. We do apologize that we did not meet your expectations concerning children. I will pass that along to our staff here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chattanooga. We hope to see you again soon.
Trussville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel was clean and pretty.. The staff was courteous but not sure all hands were on deck to handle a full hotel of weekend travelers and special events.
I chose to stay here and travel to Sewanee, TN...53 miles away. I have stayed at Doubetree Hotels since 1986 without an issue.
Check in was great and I requested and received a non-smoking room after booking a smoking room because it was the only room available. The room was spacious, modern and clean. I stayed for two nights, returned after a long day out on first night to discover no housekeeping service...very disappointing and I did not understand because the cleaning staff was on my floor when I left the room. I offered to let the attendant to see my room to qualify the lack of service but was told that it was not necessary. Also, had to explain that the "do not disturb" card was not used. The front desk attendant was apologetic, offered breakfast coupons to amend and agreed to note my account. The attendant also fulfiled my request for towels which wwere missing due to the lack of room service...received lots of hand and bath towels but had to request bath cloths.
The following morning I checked out and was surprised that there was no record of my complaint. I asked for and received a discount according to my final statement...or so I thought. When I logged into bank 2 days later I was charged the full price. I will be contacting the hotel and hope that this issue will be completely resolved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chatanooga. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and we’re actively working with our housekeeping team to focus on cleanliness and comfort throughout our property. We are also working with our front desk team on better communication. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate refresh options at DoubleTree by Hilton Chattanooga. Thank you again, and we hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked two nights at this downtown hotel and couldn't have been happier with our weekend stay. The room was stellar, the bed was heavenly, and my girlfriend especially appreciated the modern bathroom (well-lighted, neat counters and glass shower). The recent renovation really has transformed the property into one of the best hotels near the river. The staff was beyond courteous, especially Lori, who accommodated our request for a room with a view of the city. She also helped us with Internet access and made trustworthy recommendations for area restaurants, as I had not been back to Chattanooga in several years. I understand from friends in town that the hotel is a favorite spot for holiday parties, weddings and corporate events — with its location and helpful staff, I understand why. We plan to stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jillian B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Chattanooga, we're happy to have you! Thank you so much for your positve reviews, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad Lori was able to make your visit with us an even better experience, and we have passed on your compliments to her. Once again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pulaski, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband had a conference at this hotel this past week. The hotel is very nice, staff great and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I am so impressed with the honesty of the staff. I left one shoe of my favorite pair of shoes. I had given up on getting it back. I am so happy the staff cared enough to call me back two days later to tell me it had been found. I will definitely stay there again on a return trip to Chattanooga. In addition, the hotel is very close to all the fun attractions. The staff is extremely friendly and the cookies are great. And the pool area is beautiful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jillian B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chattanooga, we're happy to have you! We're so glad that the staff made your stay more enjoyable, and that you were pleased with our hotel and location. Your positve comments have been shared with our staff, and we are grateful for your response. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!