“Nice, clean and no surprises” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, TN
“Nice, clean and no surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel offered up no unpleasant surprises, but also was nothing special. It was nice, but that was it, nice. Nothing here overwhelmed or underwhelmed me.

Parking is easy and plentiful right next to the hotel. They do offer valet parking if you so desire, but there is really no need as the lot is adjacent to the hotel.

The front desk is small and neat, the staff very friendly. The lobby area was small with a few chairs and a couch. The lobby bar was just up the stairs and offered a nice casual seating area to talk. Staff once again very friendly.

Pool was small but clean. Hotel offered towels guest that were very soft and absorbent.

breakfast at the restaurant was nice, but slow. The breakfast buffet seemed a bit expensive for some cereal choices, 4 or 5 fruits choices and eggs, bacon & sausage. I suggest ordering off the menu. It's cheaper with better options. breakfast was slow, but once again staff very pleasant.

The room, we had 2 queens, and the room seemed a bit smaller than usual. It had all the normal amenities, but didn't seem as spacious as other rooms I have stayed at recently. The AC was right next to the work desk and when it came on it blew right on to the work station. Also - there is no TV channel guide in the room. The pillows were really comfy.

Overall it was very nice, but really kinda like vanilla ice cream.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The location could not have been better. It was within walking distance to the Aquarium, Imax Theater, Chattanooga Lookouts AT&T Field, Walnut Street Walking Bridge, and numerous quality dining options.

I found the hotel staff to be top-notch. The room though small, had everything a guest needs for a comfortable stay.

I would definitely stay at the Double Tree again, and encourage anyone who will be visiting Chattanooga to book their stay at the Double Tree.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The staff here is responsible and very very cool and helpful in equal parts. What they know they tell and what they don't they are honest about. Happily they know a whole lot about their town. The restaurant was fantastic and well priced for breakfast. I loved it and so did my daughter. We will truly be back again and again. I think this started a Chatt tradition for us. On top of that they were really nice to my kid and that matters. We had a fantastic time and will be back this Fall.
I read the reviews and people are really expecting the wrong things. The room is small because you are in the heart of the city. The staff works hard and if you don't get caught up on the silly not home things that don't matter you can have a really great getaway.

Room Tip: I think the higher the better so you can see water
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree from June 3-5, 2011. We drove up from Atlanta. The room was ready when we arrived and was clean and comfortable. We had no issues checking in. It is true that the non-valet parking lot is a bit of a walk to the hotel. Usually this is no issue, but with the temperature being ~ 95F it was not ideal.

Service issues began on Friday night. We ordered room service that included two bottled beers. Unfortunately, by the time we noticed that no bottle opener was provided, room service had stopped. When I called the front desk about having a bottle opener brought up, I was told that I needed to take the beers to their bar and they would open them up for me. It was 11pm at this point. So, that is what I did. By no means, not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

Sat. am - we were not planning on heading out until 12 or so (we had our infant son with us). As I was putting the cart from room service out in the hall (around 10:30am), I ran into a member of housekeeping. He asked if I wanted the room serviced. When I asked if he (or someone) could come back after 12, he said housekeeping leaves at noon. He did give me some fresh towels. When I mentioned this to my wife, she naturally asked - what do they do when people check-out? Who cleans the room in the afternoon? Again, it just seemed as if they would not do anything beyond the minimum.

We returned from the wedding we attended around 10pm, and their were no spots in the guest parking lot. They did park my car in the valet lot. In the morning, however, there were no valets to get my car.

For a short visit to Chattanooga, the Doubletree is satisfactory.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a very nice hotel. The service was excellent and the staff were very helpful. The beds are very comfortable. I do recommend this hotel to everyone. I'm sure you will enojoy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

To start off the staff was incredible! We were on a "girls weekend" and we could not have asked for a better vacation hotel. They accommodated our every need and went out of their way to make sure our stay was successful. The outdoor pool was small but the company was friendly. The bar inside of the hotel was fun and upbeat. We were very impressed with our stay at the DoubleTree and we will be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: Be polite and not to pushy
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is wonderful and so is the staff. Family friendly and very easy access to the Chattanooga Attractions. Wonderful heated pool area and great dining on-site at Eleven.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!