“Does the Sheraton Proud” 5 of 5 stars

423-643-1240
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Porter's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MLK
Description: Experience Chef John Palacio’s unique twist on the ordinary, created with a blend of the finest ingredients, contemporary cuisine, and family-style service. Porter's philosophy is to serve simple preparations with the best available ingredients. Twice awarded Best of the Best Steakhouse 2008 and 2009 by readers of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Westmoreland, Tennessee
“Does the Sheraton Proud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Located in the Sheraton, the steakhouse does much more than red meat. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it. A cast of characters and regulars call it home and give it a great atmosphere. Worth a meal here.

Visited March 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Porter's was my best lifetime dinning experience, the food, the atmosphere, and the staff were all above average. Adam our waiter was awesome, very attentive without being intrusive, he watched every detail and ensured our drinks were never empty and unused plate and utensils were removed in a timely manner so my wife and I had plenty of room to be comfortable. Adam also found time to share some local information about Chattanooga and some hotel history which made for some interesting conversations. The staff here was so amazing that after my wife and I took our evening stroll we went back to Porter's for a dessert and a night cap before turning in for the evening. Melanie, you and your staff were amazing and thanks for the memories!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“go to diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Better food at diner, over price at hotel.. hit up the starrbucks, store in the hotel.. the diner has great food 24 hours

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Lunch Service was horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ate lunch on a Saturday afternoon. The food was horrible. We actually had to send back food due because the order wasn't correct and what we did order was horrible when we got it. We loved the Read House but will never visit Porter's again.

Visited January 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Best steakhouse in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I like my steak, and when I travel somewhere I like to try what they call their premier steakhouses. Chicago, New York, Atlanta, etc etc, I've engendered some really bad cow karma over the years. Porter's caught me by surprise because it doesn't get the fanfare it deserves. I decided to eat there because I stayed in the hotel. What a glorious surprise! Huge, well aged steaks, done correctly; lovely iceberg lettuce wedges; solid wine list, especially for Chattanooga (no offense y'all but you know it's true); and top notch service.

Visited November 2012