“B & B Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mayor's Mansion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Mayor's Mansion Inn
You added Mayor's Mansion Inn to your Saves list
801 Vine Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Aurora, Illinois
“B & B Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

The Mayor's Mansion was a definite treat! Our family of five stayed at the mansion for our first stop on our road trip vacation from Chicago to our final destination of Charleston, SC. The Mansion itself is beautiful and filled with history dating back to the Civil War. It is within minutes of the lovely Bluff View District and downtown. Our room was large (two queen sized beds plus one roll-away was brought in for my son) and meticulously kept. Melanie, one of the staff members couldn't have been more gracious and helpful. A true southern belle. Cookies were always out for munching and appetizers in the early evening was just an added plus. Coffee was always available and ground fresh for brewing. The best part of staying at the Mansion was breakfast! In fact, the kids were amazed that Moonpie Banana Split came as dessert!

Will we return? Absolutely! Chattanooga has won our hearts and so has the Mayor's Mansion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bartlett, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My husband and I had our first B & B experience at the Mayor's Mansion Inn and the staff was so friendly and available without invading our privacy. The service was wonderful and the food was superb!!! I really enjoyed the happy hour :) I would definitely stay here again and again. The mattress was not as nice as I'm used to (it was pretty hard) since we usually stay at a Marriott that has premium mattresses so that's why I gave the sleep quality 3 stars, especially as we stayed in the Rising Fawn Suite. Otherwise, a perfect stay that was truly luxurious and relaxing!!!! BTW: The chocolate covered strawberries are amazing!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed just for one night and had a lovely time. We were pleased to find out that we were within walking distance of D'town. We made the mile walk to market street where we sampled some appetizers and beer from Big River and then had dinner at Easy Bistro. Both were cool places and had good food. After dinner we walked across the river to get yummy ice cream at Clumpies and then walked back to the mansion inn. We felt safe walking and felt good about all the eating we did since we got a good 3 mile walk in as well. Friendly staff and a yummy breakfast put the finishing touches on our overnight stay.

Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Mayor's Mansion Inn for our anniversary, and it truly was a phenomenal experience.

For one, I thought the prices were absolutely reasonable. Our room averaged about $128 each night before taxes, which included a three-course breakfast. They gave us the third night for a reduced price due to a summer sale. I definitely suggest checking their website for deals, and make sure to call to get them because the Internet reservation does not take any specials into account.

When we arrived our first day, we were immediately greeted by the staff with smiles and were offered blueberry muffins and lemonade in the lounge and then taken on a tour of the estate. Beautiful is an understatement. The house is absolutely breathtaking, and it is a true pleasure to stay in a piece of history. I took several pictures.

We stayed in the Ocoee River room and thought the room was beautiful and comfortable. Because this is an old house, the water pressure is not great, and the TV is only so-so. They do, though, have a video/dvd library for guests, but we really kept busy enough that it was not necessary to make use of the TV or any movies. Also, the rooms don't have mini-fridges or microwaves (which would honestly ruin the decor), so we made sure not to have any leftovers when eating out. We were pretty stuffed most of the trip but happy. The room began to feel like an upscale version of our own home and not like a characterless hotel room. The room was clean, and we enjoyed the turn-down service.

We especially enjoyed the front porch. Most evenings, we sat outside reading and talking. They have bug spray available, which is smart. In the evenings, they will make cocktails or provide wine for you, which are priced at about $4-5. I had a watermelon martini, made with fresh watermelon, and my husband enjoyed their margaritas.

The service was excellent. Everyone seemed to anticipate our needs without us even asking. We brought our own wine, so they provided us with a wine opener and glasses and allowed us to enjoy our wine in the library while we read one evening. They have coupons for most of the restaurants in town and direction cards for the attractions. We were most impressed by the staff remembering that we were celebrating our anniversary. On the last night of our stay, we found delicious chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us in our room accompanied by a kind note from the staff thanking us for sharing our anniversary with them.

Finally, I must mention the breakfast. Each day the staff serves a three-course breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of ours. They have excellent coffee and a wide range of juices. My husband loves grapefruit juice and was thrilled that they had it. We enjoyed such items as french toast with bananas and pecans, fresh fruit, lemon mousse, belgian waffles with blueberries and peaches, a moonpie banana split, and a southwestern frittata. Most breakfasts kept us full enough that we could skip lunch and just have an early dinner.

We were seriously sad to leave and have already been talking about when we can return. I recommend Mayor's Mansion Inn for a relaxing get-away and for a romantic vacation.

Gainesville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

My wife and I feel like our annual visits to the Mayor's Mansion Inn are like a homecoming. We have grown to know and love the town of Chattanooga, but the staff at the inn also feel like family.

However, unlike being at home - it's much nicer than just about anywhere I've ever stayed before. Every room is beautiful and unique, and it feels like your own personal castle. Also, unlike visiting family - there is a lot of privacy, and none of the awkward dysfunction of spending time with actual family. :-)

So - if you're looking for a relaxing and beautiful place - as well as a trip back in time - to stay with a lovely staff that will embrace you like family but still give you plenty of personal space and privacy . . . the Mayor's Mansion Inn is the place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Crestline, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed at the Mayor's Mansion for 3 nights and I could have stayed a month! This is the most relaxing and pampered vacation I have every taken. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were more than happy and comfortable! The Mansion is beautiful! It has everything and more than what you would ever need! The breakfast was awesome! I will recommend the Mansion to everyone I speak to. I would love to come back and stay again and I will. I can't say enough about the Mansion! You have to visit it for yourself. Words can't come close to express this 100 star stay! I would highly recommend this Mansion to everyone!

My pictures can't compare with the beauty of this Mansion. You have to visit it and you will be speechless at it's beauty!

Thank you for making our stay wonderful and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My 18-year-old daughter and I stayed at the Mayor's Mansion Inn in Chattanooga as we drove from central Florida to our home in Louisville, Kentucky. We took Room 25, a lovely, large room with two queen beds and a beautiful bathroom. The friendly receptionist, a student at UT-Chattanooga, recommended the restaurant 212 Market for dinner, and gave us a card for 10% off at the restaurant. We had arrived late at the Mayor's Mansion Inn, so we asked if the restaurant would still be serving, and were assured that they would service up to 10 p.m.

After getting a brief tour, a glass of Pinot Grigio from the bar ($4), a bag of ice for the ice bucket in the room and getting settled and freshened up, we started out about 9 p.m. in our car for the restaurant. Our GPS tried to take us the wrong way down a one-way street, but after getting rerouted for 10-15 minutes, we finally arrived at the restaurant, only to find that they had just put up the "CLOSED" sign (at 9:20 p.m.). We started to wander down the street, but decided to go back and ask the people inside what they would recommend as an alternative. At that moment the manager or proprietor came out and said they would still serve us. It was a great meal -- but I guess one should arrive before their supposed closing at 9:30 p.m.!

After eating dinner so late, we were barely hungry for breakfast the next morning at the latest seating -- 9:30 a.m. The breakfast was wonderful: fresh fruit in a banana poppyseed sauce, a southwestern fritata, toast, orange joice, and coffee. We checked out at 11 a.m. and were on our way, having slept very well!

I would recommend the Mayor's Mansion to anyone who enjoys staying in a lovely historic home. The home is truly "important," having been built by the mayor of Chattanooga of the period. It's not just the average late-1800s Victorian. I plan to take my husband back and stay in one of the big suites for several nights, giving us time to investigate the historical sites of a very interesting city with much to offer.

The only small drawback was the temperature of the wing where our room was located. It was a bit stuffy, but when I mentioned it on the way out to dinner, the receptionist was quick to say she would change the setting. Indeed, she left the cover off the thermostat in the hall, so that we could alter it ourselves if we needed to. Not sure if that was deliberate, but the next morning, when it was really hot as we packed, I noticed that someone had turned the system off. In July in Tennessee, that doesn't work too well, so I took the liberty of turning it back on for the duration of our packing, and the room cooled down a couple of degrees right away. So the temperature in our room was always tolerable, and I would have no hesitation staying at the Mayor's Mansion Inn on a repeat trip.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Mayor's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!