“Ticks, Fleas and Spiders. Oh, my.” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ticks, Fleas and Spiders. Oh, my.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and three kids (5, 3 and 9 months) got settled in Room 214 at the Best Western in Chattanooga, TN. It was s nice and long day of sightseeing and activity in Chattanooga and it took a while for the kids to go to sleep. As I was putting my daughter in, a spider crawled across the bed. I brushed it off and thought, OK-it's just a little spider, That could happen even in our house, right? My hubby and I were lying in bed with them and after about an hour+, they were asleep. I had been playing a game on my phone and a bug crawled on my pillow. I figured it was attracted to the light and dismissed it. But then I started itching. Again, I dismiised that as paranoia from seeing the first bug. After we knew the kids were sleeping, we turned on the lamp to look at maps/plan the next day. I said, "I think there's bugs in here." We pulled back the sheets and the disgusting chaos followed.
There were ticks, fleas, baby ticks, and two other kids of bugs that we're not sure of the brand. That's ticks and fleas with as "s." Plural. That's at least 5 different bug families in the room. That's blood-leaching, disease-carrying, disease-promoting bugs in the beds where we were lying for over an hour. My skin crawling and my stomach was lurching. Gross.
When I say multiple, I mean that we got a bug on a tissue, examied it, realized it was a tick, which you cannot kill by squishing it and put it in a hotel cup to show the front desk. Within 2 minutes, we had three ticks in the cup and 2 squished fleas on the sheets-squished with blood coming out of them.
The front desk basically just check us out, wouldn't help us find another room, wouldn't credit the money (we got the room on Priceline and the hotel hadn't been paid yet, so couldn't credit us yet. Whatever. The customer non-service was abysmal.
So, at midnight, we had to pack up our room, get three exhausted kids back into the car and drive home to then shower all 5 of us and go to sleep. Have you ever had to de-louse your family at 3am?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bwroyalinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Guest had a priceline reservation for 2 people which could not be cancelled or changed by Hotel. Called Hotel prior to arrival to cancel which was politely declined. Upon arrival guest had 5 persons in their party. Demanded 2 queen size beds which we did not have. Tried to cancel reservation again and demanded refund which was again declined. Finally took the room and made all of the above allegations. Offered to move to another room or to make reservation in another Hotel which was declined. Guest left the Hotel threatening to call police and wake up all other guest in the middle of the night. Next morning Manager called the guest. Eventhough Hotel did not agree with the allegations decided to refund the entire amount which was gladly accepted.

This review is not true.
Thanks.
General Manager.
Eapen Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Locust Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed 3 nights and were pleased by the staff, the breakfast, the location, the cleanliness, and the value for the cost of the Royal Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I want to say that the check in process went very well, by setting up the reservation over the phone I thought for sure there would be a glitch. The room was very clean and didn't have that normal musty hotel smell. I was very pleased with it! Location was absolutely great! The hotel was located right off of the Hwy and not far from the attractions and local business'. I can't really complain about anything during my stay, the breakfast was excellent and not to mention that although it was raining I didn't have to walk in it as to the way the hotel was set up to get to the main lobby, so that was a plus! Overall I was very pleased with the service. The staff was very professional and I will definitely stay here the next time we visit Chattanooga.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

We stayed here for two Nights in Dec. No Complants, we went to Ruby mountain which was interesting. One thing Chattanooga traffic is terriable took one and half hours to go around the mall, then another hour to eat at the Olive garden.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I left my wedding rings in my room, I called about an hour and half after we had left, they were very kind and professional. They checked the room quickely, found my rings and sent them to my destination. Forever greatfull to have something that is priceless to me returned.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We got caught in a traffic jam on the interstate, got off and headed for the BW. The girl behind the desk was not helpful. I am a member of the BW club and she wouldn't look up my number. When we got to the room, it was OK. But the ice machine was broken. When we went to see the office, the girl said there was nothing she could do and that she would tell her manager in the morning. The fridge doesn't work either. I would recommend with a caveat.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Wow! I have just read the other reviews, and what a surprise. The only thing I can say about the Best Western Royal Inn is that to me it is the "Best of the Best", when it comes to cleanliness, service, comfortable king size mattresses, and a great continental breakfast. Believe me, I was not disappointed in any way staying here. The General Manager is a really nice gentleman with impeccable taste by the name of Eapen Thomas. I hope you get to meet him. He also has an incredible team who will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible, which in this day is extremely rare. Thanks Royal Inn, we had a great time. See you next year!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Inn? Share your experiences!