“great muffins” 4 of 5 stars

423-265-5033
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“great muffins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a great fresh blueberry muffin that was big enough to split. Ate it outside on the patio with some very friendly birds who are used to being fed. Wasn't expensive but was crowded on a Sunday morning.

Visited March 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice coffee shot but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to Chattanooga for the weekend to get out of the house. We stopped at Rembrandt's Coffee House on the recommendation of this site. It was a lovely day in Chattanooga, and being around 1:30 pm when we rolled in it was not as crowded as mentioned by previous contributors. We had a hard time finding it as there is not a noticeable sign. We had GPS and knew we were on top of it, but did not see it. We asked a couple walking down the sidewalk and they pointed across the street and said they had had a problem finding it that morning as well.
On the the food and site appraisal.
The unremarkable chicken salad plate with fruit was modest and the chicken salad was more of an herb-infused offering, which I am not used to. There was fruit on the side, however. I ordered a caesar salad which was crisp and the croutons were fresh-made but only of moderate serving. My husband ordered a reuben sandwich which he said was dry and I noticed was rather small. I also ordered one of their soups- a tomato with artichoke bowl that both my husband and I decided was probably one of the worst tasting soups we have tried in a while. We also ordered two desserts since there was some indication that this spot was awarded a 2012 best dessert award from somebody. One was a pecan tart and the other was a chocolate brownie. My husband did not think the brownie had enough sweetness to it, but I liked its dark chocolate taste just as it was. It became my favorite thing I ate. The pecan tart did not have enough filling and I tasted mostly crust. It seemed to us that most of the food needed a good shake of salt. Indeed, we saw two ladies sitting outside with us that went back in to the shop to get the salt shaker from somewhere.
Now to the location. We sat outside and it was a warm 80 degrees. There were several sitting outside- children, students with laptops, middle-aged folks like us. It looked like not much attention was spent on making it inviting as the foundation in the corner looked filthy and did not seem to be working well. I asked my husband not to seat me near it. The chairs were not comfortable and not every table had an outside umbrella so we had to grab a small table in the sun. We could have gone back inside, but the food was delivered and we decided to tough it out. If you like sitting with the sun in your face, go outside. You might get lucky and have a table with an umbrella. Otherwise, grab a table inside.
I am including pictures of the plates we ordered. The employees were cheerful and the ordering area was clean and easy to understand. I did not try the coffee which they are famous for. Overall, average coffee place, nothing special to drive out of the way for...Overall cost around $30.00
bedoin

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Love this coffee house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The pastries are all baked at their bakery and are simply delicious. Staff very pleasant and helpful, lovely outside sitting area.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Coziness guaranteed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved this little place! Lovely atmosphere and rich choice of desserts and hot drinks. The area in the back of the cafe, outdoors is extremely cozy. It gives a vibe of a little cafe situated somewhere in Southern France. We were lucky enough to have sunshine on that day, which added to it's charm. Recommend ;)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Good Food, Great patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Delicious pastries, good sandwiches, great location next to the walking trail. What else is there to say

Visited May 2013