“Great atmosphere and food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #88 of 661 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
“Great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant opened recently. I certainly enjoyed my visit. The food was very good and the service was tops. The refined casual atmosphere was very nice. I have many friends who visited and rave about.

Visited May 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The restaurant is beautiful but that is where good stops. The food was mediocre. Dont mind paying for goodfood but it was a waste of money. such a same for such a nice place

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our new Chattanooga location. We are disappointed you did not experience the food quality we aim to deliver. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we take corrective action. We will be sharing your review with our management team.
TN
“maybe i missed something....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

i saw the other great reviews, decided to check it out. very small crowd at 7 pm..uh oh. server was clueless. most questions were met with a blank stare. everyones meal came out wrong. our server disappeared and then new clueless servers showed up. we kept getting other tables foods all night long? so strange. food was ok once the order was right. it wasnt great for sure. i certainly dont get the fuss, this place is a pass for me.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our new Chattanooga location. The situation that you are describing does not reflect the quality of our service standards, and we want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we take corrective action. We will be sharing your review with our management team.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Cool New Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Impressive for being open for only 3 weeks! Very contemporary décor. Cool wall of wine (storage). Very good menu. The Firebird BLT salad was very fresh. Entrees (Salmon and steaks) were good too. Parmesan mashed potatoes and the Caesar salad were a bit salty. Love the half price wine on Monday! Lots of attention to our table: 4 people participated in our dining experience and were all very friendly. Our primary server was attentive but obviously still learning. Entrees were brought to the table while we were still enjoying our salads. And the server tried to take my money before I had signed the credit card receipt. I would go back. Would like to hang out in the bar for an evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Diarrhea for the last four days...food poisoning?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I ate here at this new restaurant, basically just another J Alexander's, and have not left the 20 foot perimeter of my toilet area for the last 4 days. Was it my Steak Au Poivre that looked as though it sat in the out window wayyyyyy too long, or was it my bar glass that was washed in a bar sink in dirty cold water that looked as though the last time it was changed was the day of their opening. My guts have been on fire ever since I dined here, and that was after waiting 45 minutes for a medium rare steak!!! When I called and talked to the GM, Scott, he blew me off and told me good luck proving it was they who had gotten me sick. Yeah, the place looks nice, but so does an old hooker
sporting a ton of makeup. Save yourself from a week off spent in the crapper and just stick to good old J Alexander's; you'll thank me in the long run. I can't believe I waited almost 45 minutes to make myself sick for almost a week!!! $11 drink specials, $5 domestic bottles, and a bout of dissentary to boot, GREAT PLACE!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We are sorry to hear you fell ill so quickly after dining with us and that you were disappointed with how our manager handled your complaint . We take food safety and guest service very seriously and would like to investigate this issue and assess what could have caused your sickness. We'll be contacting you shortly.