“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the food and beer selection. The service leaves a lot to be desired. Unless you are sitting at the bar count on 30-40 minute wait time to get anything unless you go in when it is dead, say two pm on a wednesday. Worth the wait!

Visited May 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Staff Could not have been more rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited Chattanooga for the evening and were looking for a bar that wasn't part of some chain restaurant (Applebees, etc.) We found Hair of the dog, and we took a group of about 10. I could not have been more embarrassed by our choice. We waited for close to 20 minutes for someone to even come to take a drink order. I got fed up and went to the bar myself to place an order, but i was told that i needed an ID for every drink that I ordered. I went back upstairs to get my wife, and brought her back down to the bar. The bartender begrudgingly accepted her ID, and the two of us took our drinks to our table. The table waited for another twenty minutes, in which everyone got only more upset with the waiter's "I don't care" attitude. I would never go back, and I would steer anyone away that asked my advice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I give th I s place an A+. They have a great beer selection and the food is amazing. Fairly priced. And good service. One reason I keep returning to Chattanooga.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Follette, Tennessee
“Great adult spot for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I were in Chattanooga for his birthday, and were wandering downtown having appetizers and drinks at various establishments. People kept telling us to try Hair of The Dog so, eventually, we made our way to this establishment. First, if you have your children with you, there is probably a better place to try in Chattanooga. If you're looking for a hole-in-the-wall bar to have a cheap drink (and a smoke), then this is the right place! We had a couple beers and had two orders of the Rueben wraps, which were delicious! Our waitress was extremely nice, and we truly enjoyed the "no frills" atmosphere of this bar. We will definitely return if ever in Chattanooga again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome Little Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We walked in for an afternoon refreshment and had a great time. Lots of beer to choose from, and cheerful, friendly staff, but I was definitely more interested in the food. I ordered a burger, and got surprised by a variation of a burger and a panini. Don't make me explain it...it was just awesome. Will definitely visit again.