“Dragons & Fairies Galore” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 138 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Dragon Dreams Museum is not a natural history museum. It is an artistically inspired collection from the realms of imagination and mythology. It is believed tis is the only museum and gift shop of its type in the United States and the world. Please visit us in our new location in Coolidge Park across from the carousel in the Northshore area of Chattanooga, Tn.
6 attraction reviews
“Dragons & Fairies Galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place has the most unique and extensive collection of dragons and fairies and fantasy lore! I love this place and have visited it every year for over 5 years now. A must see!

Visited March 2012

Niota, Tennessee
“The Greatest & Most Unique Collection I've Ever Seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited Dragon Dreams Museum today with a friend because I wanted to do something different for a change. Barbara (the lady who owns the collection) was sweet and very helpful; she was very passionate about the museum! She talked to us like friends, taking interest in our lives and where we came from. When I told her I was from Russia, she immediately told me about her Slavic additions, which made me feel like I could really relate. The exhibits themselves are really interesting; I found quite a few pieces that I really enjoyed (such as a dragon-themed mask, jewelry from the Orient, and much more). We spent a good hour walking around the rooms, and I kept going back to see if I had missed anything. :) The gift shop was also very fascinating; it had a wide arrangement of items from dragons to faeries! It definitely speaks to a wide range of audience.

I'm not a dragon lover myself, but I am 100% satisfied with this visit. And the ADMISSION is only 10$, and I would have paid more :D

Visited January 2013
Parrish, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Sweet little place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Dragon Dreams is the home of an avid fan of dragons, and a collector of all things dragon. There's a fee to get in, but you will see a lot of neat odds and ends in there that will spark your imagination and make you smile. It's something to do with your friends if you are bored and just need to kill some time. I particularly enjoyed both of my trips here.

Oh, watch your step, there is a LOT of dragon stuff in there.

Visited May 2012
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Cute Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Grandsons love looking around here when we are in the area. Interesting even to Grandma. Makes you think outside the box.

Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“Overpriced, but fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

You can't help but admire the sheer amount of dragon memorabilia in this small museum. Every nook and cranny in this building is crammed with figurines, art, jewelry, toys, costumes, furniture, and anything else you can possibly imagine related to dragons. It is very impressive, though cluttered.

This will keep you - and your kids - entertained for a good twenty or so minutes. Maybe more depending on how much time you want to spend looking at all of the collections. As stated in a previous review, there's not a lot of information provided other than a couple handwritten note cards, so you'll have to decide for yourself if it is worth the $10 admission price tag. Gift shop is surprisingly large given the scope of the museum (five or so rooms filled with the collection).

Visited November 2012