“As we walked in, customers leaving told us what great food awaited us - and we were not disapointed. Unfortunately, a...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of River Street Deli

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

As we walked in, customers leaving told us what great food awaited us - and we were not disapointed. Unfortunately, a multitude of obvious health code violations also awaited. Calzones on the top counter where customers had full access at face level to cough/sneeze, what have you. My friend ordered a muffeletta, and out of the back came a man and grabbed it with an ungloved hand and threw it on a plate. Where did he come from? Mopping? The bathroom? Who Knows. We had staff vacuum around our table at length while we ate, I'm sure That was sanitary - let alone made conversation impossible. These are things I noticed without trying.
I will tell you the aroma was wonderful, the food was good, and the staff was pleasant and helpful.
I will not be going back simply because there are so many places in town that handle their food with much better care and presentation. and I don't spend the next 24-48 hours worrying about getting some food born illness - which by the way - I did not.
I don't think I'm that hard to please, i just want you to know what I truly observed. Hope this helps.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great NY-style deli. Location is getting a little tired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Great NY-style deli. Location is getting a little tired.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great lunch or quick sandwich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

Great lunch or quick sandwich.

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“fuGetabouTit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

A+food backed up by chicagos finest sandwich makers
the only resin i gave them a low rateing is because the owner is a maneger that will not listen 2 his customers...ever
"if u want it special gos somewherez elece"
they have been open for more than 15 years so they r confident

did i mention the great assortment of fresh soups, specialty sandwiches and drinks
the muffalata.......0 heartburn never tasted so good
large eating areas and fill your oun fountain drink counters and they even clean up after u

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hands down, the best deli in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Hands down, the best deli in town.