“Stromboli for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Memphis, Tennessee
“Stromboli for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

given this suggestion at the Choo Choo front desk. it is underneath the Blue Sky shop as you come off the bridge. it is one of those 'hole in the wall' places that is a hit. nothing fancy, but the stromboli was really good. They let you sample this it you are not familiar with it (like us). large enough to split. my husband had the tomato soup and it was very good.

Visited March 2014

Lexington, Kentucky
“"Stromboli, Stromboli, Stromboli, But what a Muffaletta.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a Gem of a hole in the wall. We were driving past Chattanooga last week and my Wife suggested lunch and to check out Travel Advisor for a Deli. We decided on River Street Deli based on the reviews and boy oh boy we were not disappointed. It was around 1:20 and there was a line at the Ordering Counter. It moved Quickly and Every Single person ordered Stromboli. We were looking over the menu and the owner (a real New York Character) gave us a sample of the Stromboli. It was excellent. We decided on the Stromboli and to mix things up I ordered the Muffaletta. WOW, I had lived on the gulf coast for 20 years and had never ever tasted a Muffaletta that was so good. My wife agreed and she never touches anything with Olives. She is a Stromboli fan but in this case said the Muffaletta was better. A Green Olive and Artichoke Tapenade on top of Genoa-Salami, Pastrami, Mortadella, Cappricolla Ham and Swiss and Provolone Cheese. I rated this restaurant excellent solely on the taste of the two sandwiches and the character of the owner. It is on the river across the bridge from downtown Chattanooga and is in a nice little plaza adjacent to a big River Front Park. Parking is metered but reasonable. It is worth the stop. WOW

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“A Stromboli made in heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This sandwich is usually the special on Mondays, but I always ask for it other days just to be sure. It is so delicious- I try not to eat the entire sandwich, but I can rarely resist. If the Stromboli is not available, I order the 'chattagooey' with ham. This sandwich is huge, so I can usually split it with my kids. If you haven't tried River Street Deli, you are missing out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“You can take a New Yorker out of the Bronx, but you can't take the Bronx out of a New Yorker!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

River Street Deli is as authentic as it gets. Period. Any New Yorker knows that the answer to the question "how you doing" is not "well I'm okay or fine thank you." The answer to the question "how you doing" is simply repeating the phrase -- as in "how YOU doooo-in?" The food is great and the price is right so come on down!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga
“Best deli in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

River Street Deli has the best sandwiches in town. They are authentic New York style and different from the typical deli sandwiches found at other local spots. They also have great soups and their chef salad with "the works" is the best salad I've ever
had. Try it with the homemade honey lemon vinaigrette. Delicious!