“Hard to find” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Hard to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Sought out Tupelo Honey because of gluten free menu and good experience in Asheville North Carolina location. Ask for Alexis. Excellent food. Slow kitchen.

Cleveland, Tennessee
“First experience was a good one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Visited the first time for an anniversary outing. Although crowded, we were seated quickly and attended to by our waitress, who was great throughout.

Had drinks for starters (I had a "son of a peach" beer, my wife had a peach mai tai...which she loved) and decided to try the fried okra appetizer. Expecting a small "soup" cup of okra, we were surprised when it arrived in a large serving/salad bowl...and it was full! Came with a sweet white sauce (which was "different", being raised on fried okra as a common side) which was a perfect match for dipping. Meanwhile, our waitress also brought us fresh biscuits, honey, and blueberry jam... All good!
Quite honestly, we could have stopped right there...we were full!

However, we forged forward. I had ordered shrimp and grits. My wife ordered the crab cakes. Both portions were good-sized and we struggled to finish them. My shrimp grits were mixed with goat cheese, and the shrimp were cooked to perfection. Something about the grits made me unable to stop eating them, even after all the shrimp were gone! My wife related the crab cakes were some of the best she'd had.

All in all a great first experience at this gem of a restaurant that serves a very southern-style comfort food. The only thing I would change is where we sat...although in comfy wing-back chairs, we were right near the kitchen/serving line. A little quieter hangout would have been preferred for an anniversary dinner...

Highly recommended, and we will most definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“Nice food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had the meatloaf and my wife had the chicken. Both dishes were great. The bread with honey and preserves was nice as well.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“Fresh foods at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good meals with vegetarian options as well, which was important with our family. Biscuits were fantastic!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“So cute!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

After a hectic weekend my mom and I stopped here, the policeman down the street said he really likes it after all. The service was great and the atmosphere was adorable. You could tell they put a lot of time and energy into making the place look vintage and just pleasing to the eye. My mom had a salmon special and I has catfish, both yummy and very filling. We told my father and brother about it and they ended up eating here only days after we did, they thoroughly enjoyed it as well. If we're ever in Chattanooga again we'll definitely return!