“Never disapponted” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 661 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shallowford and Hamilton Place Blvd.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Never disapponted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of favorite places to eat. The foood is always good and we enjoy the atmosphere. I suggest making reservations as this is next to the lagest Mallin the area and there is usually a wait .

Visited December 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Place To Treat Your Lady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

All I can say is go and try it for yourself this place is "AMAZING". Me and my girlfriend went a few months back and I didn't want to go because I'd hate to try a new restaurant and it be a complete fail and waste of money. But man I'm soooo glad I went I'd recommend this place to anybody. A+ for everything! !!

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I took a friend from out of town here for dinner. Mind you my friend is a very picky eater, good cook and has experience in the food industry. It was his first time visiting this restaurant and he absolutely loved it! He is a vegetarian, so he ordered a fish dish and I ordered a steak dish. I originally wanted to order the Maui steak, but it had sold out for the night. The waiter suggested another steak dish and it was good. Hopefully, next time I can try the Maui steak:)

Visited November 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I never visit Chattanooga without at least having one meal at J Alexanders. The restaurant seems to be able to pull off "casual elegance" very well and with an outstanding menu. I always struggle with making the decision as to what to order. Usually, my selection is the seared ahi tuna served with a salad sporting a mouth-watering Asian dressing I have yet to be able to copy at home. Hubby always goes for prime rib or steak, both of which are fantastic when accompanied by there sinfully delightful skinny fries. Opt for the semi-circle leather booths in the back of the restaurant. Settle in, order a nice glass of wine, and just enjoy. It's just one of those restaurants that you really look forward to a return visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Another good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stopped here for dinner on the road as it was close to our hotel and we like the food. The service was great and our meals delicious. We arrived on a busy night, but were seated quickly. They are a consistently good chain.

• Visited October 2013