“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Wading River, New York
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights while visiting family and found it to be a very nice place. Our room was clean, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. It was nice to have a mini fridge and microwave, and we liked having a wide choice of channels on the TV. My husband used the fitness room, and he said that there were several work out machines, including an exercise bike. The business center has two computers and a printer, and I used it to print out our boarding passes. We had breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant, and it was just okay. There are plenty of restaurants and fast food places nearby, some within walking distance, and the Hamilton Place Mall is a few miles away. Because it’s such a busy area, traffic can be very heavy. Downtown Chattanooga is about a ten minute drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We value all of our guests feedback, and I am so very glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that the room was comfortable and accommodating! I'm also glad to hear that you were able to experience all of our amenities, from the fitness center and the business center to the breakfast! I do wish, however, that we were able to provide a more than "okay" breakfast, and I will be sure to share this feedback with our Food and Beverage team to see what we might be able to do to improve in the future. Regardless, I am very glad to see that you had a pleasant experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the future!

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Franklin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Minor inconvenient things that just overall added up to an annoying experience. The mattress was extremely hard, the room was hot and stuffy when we walked in so we turned on the air but it would not go below a certain temperature, which made it hard to be at a comfortable temperature going to bed. There was no internet connection. The television was apparently set to a maximum volume, which could not be heard over a low conversation in the room. Although this may not be significant to some people, it was a way of relaxation for us and we did not have that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback regarding your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative, and I am so terribly sorry to see that your experience was sub-par, and that we did not meet your expectations. I completely understand your frustrations regarding the air conditioning not cooling properly, the television not properly outputting sound, and the lack of internet connection. I would be equally as upset if I had experienced these inconveniences during my stay at a hotel where I do not expect to experience these occurrences. Our connection did go down recently due to maintenance being done on the connection, and then a crash, which required a service technician to be brought to the hotel from his home in Atlanta. I can completely understand how this would have impacted your stay, and I am so very sorry. We absolutely should have discovered the air conditioning issue, as well as the television volume prior to your arrival, and definitely dropped the ball here, however, I do wish that we would have been able to correct these problems while you were on property, so that the inconveniences posed to you would have been resolved much sooner. I will be sure to share your feedback with our maintenance department, to ensure that these issues have been properly resolved, and will also share this with our housekeeping staff so that they can utilize this feedback as a training tool, in order to seek out possible problems in a guest room. Again, I am so terribly sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations, however, I do hope that you give us another opportunity to do so in the future.

Oak Ridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was excellent. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was awesome and not pricey, and the bar tender was wonderful. I absolutly loved the modern design of all the rooms and the lobby. I had a wonderful expirience. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing information regarding your stay with us on TripAdvisor! I am so very happy to see that you enjoyed your experience with us, and that our staff was friendly and accommodating! We have recently completed renovations in our lobby to "modernize" the ambience, and I am very glad to hear that you liked the overall appearance of both our lobby and our guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!

North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here with members of my family for my nephew's graduation from college. We arrived separately, and we were checked in with our luggage unpacked in our room when we finally had the bright idea of trying to get our rooms close together. One room was located on the 5th floor and 3 on the 4th floor. The desk was able to quickly and cheerfully change our room with a smile on her face and a "this is not a problem" attitude which I very much appreciated. The pantry is a wonderful touch! When you are craving chocolate or a quick snack, you dont have to drive around an unfamiliar city (or get out in the rain) to find it. My children loved the weight room and the indoor pool. They got to swim even though it was raining. I was a bit disappointed in the beds.. they were extremely firm and not as luxurious as I expected. But overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am so very happy that we were able to accommodate you during your visit for your nephew's graduation, and that we were able to make you comfortable and have everything on hand that you may need. I am also happy to hear that your family was able to enjoy our fitness center and indoor pool during your stay! I know it has been quite rainy here recently, and I am very happy that our indoor amenities were able to keep everyone busy while at the hotel! I did also want to take the time to apologize for our beds being uncomfortable. For future reference, we do offer two different types of mattresses in our rooms. Our king sized rooms offer the adjustable Garden Sleep System mattress, which has adjustable dials on either side of the bed so that the firmness can be changed to the preferred setting. Our rooms with two queen sized beds offer Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses. Our guest opinions do vary as to which is more comfortable, however, should you be in the area in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know if you would prefer to try the alternate room type and other mattress choice. I can definitely understand your frustrations with not being comfortable with the mattress, as I would be fairly upset if I had a poor sleep due to the comfort level, however, I am so very glad to hear that it did not impact your overall stay with us, and I sincerely hope that we are able to welcome you back as a return guest next time you are in the Chattanooga area!

Operations Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The facilities were excellent. The room had an abundance of electrical outlets for charging several devices, and wireless internet. The business center was very nice. A great place to attend to business while on the road. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary internet access, as well as our business center! I'm also very glad to hear that our staff was friendly and hospitable, and I will be sure to share this feedback with our staff in recognition of their efforts! Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Flora, MS, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I were going to Gatlinburg for a few days and decided to break up the drive by staying in Chattanooga. I used reward points for our stay and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is easy to find, just off I-75, very clean, and the staff made us feel very welcome. Had breakfast the next morning and it was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We value all of our guests' feedback, and I am so very glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to provide top notch service in which our employees make you feel at home, and I am happy to see that we accomplished this during your stay, and also to hear that you were able to enjoy our breakfast options as well! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice room, very clean. The décor is very contemporary and modern. There is no true Room service, but plenty of food choices to walk to across the street (Applebees, O'Charleys, Cracker Barrel) We enjoyed our stay and would probably stay again if there was a need.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay with us on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that you would return in the future! We do offer a contracted room service option through O'Charley's (across the street), where you can order from your room and our bartender goes to pick up your order and deliver it to you. I hope that you are able to take advantage of this in the future when you stay with us. I am glad, however, that you were able to find meal options that you liked in the area. We recently remodeled our lobby in the past few months, and our guest rooms in the past year or so, and I am glad to hear that it does not go unnoticed! Again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place? Share your experiences!