“Great Deli and Fresh Food” 5 of 5 stars

(423) 894-3663
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Tennessee
“Great Deli and Fresh Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have been eating at Glen Gene for many years and it is consistently fresh and customer friendly. I stopped for lunch and had the Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, one of their better sandwiches.The chicken filet is grilled on the spot and served on a toasted bun. You have a choice of cheeses too. It's a very generous sandwich, the meat hangs off the side of the bun and the hot sauce baste has an excellent charred taste. I had a side of french fries and the order was too big for one person.
You can't go wrong eating here, wide variety of sandwiches, salads and pitas, even vegetarian selections.
Highly Recommended.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We really enjoy going here for a quick sandwich/burger. You add your own "fixins" to your sandwich/burger from the bar. I really like being able to make my sandwich myself and putting on how much lettuce, olives, etc... I want on it. My kiddos really enjoy going as well. The only drawback I can think of is there's no changing table in the restrooms. That makes taking a baby difficult to manage when they need a diaper change.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Closed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Closed.

“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

Glen Gene's has American and Mid-Eastern fare. I think they excell in the later catagory. Their Gyros is fabulous and the Falaful at Glen Gene's is incredible! They hand bread their own onion rings and they are perfect! They also have yummy fried vegetables and cheese sticks-crispy, not greasy. The burgers are big and look good but frankly, I can't get past ordering one of the other items I mentioned! They are family owned and have several locations in Chattanooga and Cleveland. Not cheap but well worth the price!