“Nice but not enough :-(” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Nice but not enough :-(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wally's seems to be a favorite of the local community. I happened upon it because out of town family where passing through town and my husband needed a restaurant near his work so he was able to take his lunch hour. Wally's was the closest. The parking lot was full at noon but had run off parking in the back. From the outside the appearance of the building is simple but once inside you step into a nostalgic environment with the feel of a 60's hot spot. So far everything is okay. The waitress was fast getting to us and was totally spot on getting our orders. They have two menus to choice from. One has the regular items and the other has the specials of the day. I liked that cobbler and banana pudding were considered vegetables! Both menus can accommodate meat lovers as well as vegetarians. Looks good and the prices are reasonable. Here now is where my rating comes in as average. The food was delivered in small bowl dishes. Three bowls were on the plate and I had a fourth bowl that was separate. I wondered why not place all four items on the plate? The next disappointment was that the food in two bowls was cold and the other two were tepid. All four items where overcooked. I'd like to think this doesn't happen all the time but I came in that Tuesday and I rated it for what it was. I saw some really nice looking grill cheese sandwiches going down to the grandchildren and made we wish I had ordered that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Jackson, United States
“2013 Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My family wanted to try different restaurants while on vacation & this one was recommended. This was a great family restaurant with great food & service. Prices were reasonable also!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dalton, Georgia
“Old fashioned diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is like an old fashioned diner. We went for breakfast and ordered the pancakes. They were excellent. The staff is all very friendly. The owner even came out and stood to talk with us for several minutes. He even waited tables! His name was Tony. Very nice man.I would recommend to anyone that's looking for that old fashioned feel.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great southern cooking, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A colleague recommended this place as a classic "meat and three" southern place -- as in "meat plus three vegetables". (You can also do meat and one, meat and two, or four veg--pretty much anything you want). Prices were super reasonable.
I had the meatloaf, the fried squash, the turnip greens and the shoepeg corn. All were delicious. I'm glad I don't live closer to Wally's; I would definitely gain weight. Definitely will return when I can.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Great hospitality, southern style cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been here many times over the years for meetings! Conveniently located off exit 1 on Interstate 75, west side of highway! We always get great service. Give it a try only IF you like southern style cooking!

Visited January 2013