“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Port Alberni, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

As always the Cracker Barrel serves up good food and good prices. The staff was friendly and quick to make sure all our needs were taken care of.

Chattanooga, TN
“Not very thankful for Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have always enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel and were really looking forward to this year's meal. However, the food and service were nowhere near the quality we have received there in the past. The waitress was curt and told us "we are only serving Thanksgiving Dinner today and your only choice is what 2 vegetables you want". The dinner was quickly served, and was obviously pre-plated and sitting for a while before being brought to us. It was barely warm. The presentation was awful, appearing to have been thrown carelessly on the plate. In the past, the veggies were served in individual bowls, set on the plate. But not this year...the sweet potato casserole was running all over the plate and the second veggie was also a messy heap. Very careless presentation. No cranberry sauce was offered - I don't even know if it was an option. We had barely started eating when the waitress came to our table and presented us each a slice of pie in a take-out plastic container. Her comment was "This year everyone gets their pie to go". We were not even given the choice to have our pie at the table!
Our wait for a table was over 30 minutes and the restaurant was obviously trying to rush people in and out as fast as possible. $9.99 for Thanksgiving Dinner would have been a good deal if it were anywhere near enjoyable!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Curtice, Ohio
“breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice waitress! She was very attentive to us. And grits are served with everything. Good thing I like grits! :) Being a "northerner" not a regular menu item up north. It was a typical Cracker Barrel otherwise.

RoseBriar22
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Cracker Barrel has wonderful food and a great gift shop! I don't have one close so I take advantage when near one. I loved the food both times I ate there on this trip. Meatloaf, Chicken fried chicken, hashbrown casserole, apple butter & biscuits, green beans, it was all wonderful AND they shipped all of my goodies from the gift shop home for me for $12.95

Sparta, Georgia
“This was Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have not been to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant in several years and that was in Florida...my wife and I drove by and said to each other...hey, we haven't been there in a while and decided to give it a try. It was a Sunday around 10am and of course it was busy...but they were able to seat us in 10 minutes. GREAT...WELL HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS, FOLKS. It was so noisy in the restaurant that you could not even hear the person sitting directly across from you...well we ordered the biscuits and gravy and the gravy was so bad that you could not eat it...I have lived in the south for 40 years and my wife for 60 years and this is not the way southern biscuits/gravy should be prepared. My wife said she could taste burnt bacon in the gravy...I think it tasted the way wallpaper paste smells ! A good gravy should have lumps of sausage and there was NONE AT ALL! So to the management of Cracker Barrel, you will never see us again.

• Visited October 2013