“A 1st Class Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
chattanooga tn
“A 1st Class Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once again,I find myself impressed by a chain restaurant. I assume,what have to say, will be mostly true of all their locations,as menu, food and service are part of the company's format. We had not been to a Carrabba's in long time. Wanted to check it out again.We wanted to compare them to their main competitor,since we eat at the "other chain" some.The waiter was very friendly,helpful and knelt down so he could talk to us at our seated level.He was very knowledgeable about the menu items and explained the dishes.He also explained why they are closed week days till 4pm. Unlike their competitor,it is because they make all their menu items from scratch.Apparently,the "other itallian chain" uses only frozen ingredients to make all their menu dishes.I could taste the fresh,"made from scratch" taste in their Pomodoro Sauce.We found out the style was more Sicilian.I had the Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce,it was fantastic.The bread is homemade, hard crusted Italian styled bead,served warm and melts in your mouth.The salads are fresh and creative.The service was great.The atmosphere classy.The prices are moderate,(we had a coupon)but well worth it.They more than win "hands down".Much better than their competitor.We highly recommend,this totally authentic experience.We can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dalton GA
“Really great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife loves this place If I want to put a smile on her face all I have to do is say let's go to Carrbba's! Make sure you try the chicken trio ...but you better be hungry or ready to share! It's a lot of food and you'll need to loosen your belt a bit, but it sure is wonderful!

Visited November 2012
Ringgold, Georgia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We can always depend on Carrabba's for a good meal. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The bread is amazing. Try the steak it is one of the items on the menu that our table was raving about. It does tend to be a little noisy, but when you are dining with kids that is not always a bad thing.

Visited February 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Bring back Johnny Rocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent as usual but bring back the Johnny Rocco salad. This was the best dish on the menu. Why would they replace it with a Waldorf salad. How is that Italian? I'll take fresh scallops and shrimp over candied pecans any day.

Visited January 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good food, unfriendly hostess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice in the past month now. I ordered a pasta dish the first time and a chicken dish the second. The food was delicious! However, the portions the second time (chicken dish with side of pasta) were not very large for the price charged. I left feeling like I could eat a little more. The main complaint I have with this restaurant is the unfriendliness of the hostess. There was no greeting, no smile, nothing. Both encounters were as if we were a bother to her. I will go back because of the food and only the food, not because the welcome was nice.

• Visited January 2013