“Great Greek” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
NW Mountains, NC
“Great Greek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The special was porch chops with mashed potatoes and broccoli, seeing it as it passed to the others who ordered it made me wish I had, it looked really good. I had the chicken Greek salad and my husband the lamb kabobs. My salad was good, his lamb as well, though nothing special.

Don't miss out on the deserts, they were pretty good.

Visited May 2014

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Great new look! Great new menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Vegetarian and vegan options, plus old favorites. This is our go-to place with fussy friends and family. The portions are large (always leftovers!) and the flavors are great.

Visited April 2014
Guntersville, Alabama, United States
“Best Greek Food Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I cannot say enough about the Acropolis. All Greek food from now on will be a let down. I had the chicken souvlaki sandwich and I was in food heaven. If they sold their tzatziki sauce by the gallon I would buy it. Plus their sweet tea is really good!

Service was good. I did not have to ask for refills as I gulped down sweet tea. The owner even came by and checked on us.

By only disappointment is I was too full to try dessert, which looked really yummy.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved the food and service here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had just an hour before we needed to be at the Tennessee Railroad Museum for the Thomas train ride so we looked for nearby restaurants on the TripAdvisor app and found this one.

We enjoyed the food -- chicken souvlaki -- really nice chicken with some veggies in a pita with a nice sauce. The lentil soup was great as a side and so were the fries -- very nicely seasoned and not too salty.

We marveled at the case of baked goods as you walked in. We didn't have time for any of the cakes but did walk out with some very delicious cookies. We can't wait to come back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hixson, Tennessee
“Horrible service ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

A small group of my friends and I went to eat here expecting great food. When we got there, there was only 4 other people in the entire restaurant. We waited 30 minutes for 2 glasses of water and 2 glasses of sprite. We waited another 1.5 hrs for our food. Both my friend and I ordered the Greek pasta. When it came, there was approx 1/2 cup of oil in the bottom of our dish and a pile of dried out spaghetti that was so dry and hard you couldn't slice it with a knife. Also there was no garlic or cheese with it. Just oil and garlic. We asked for it to be redone and waited another 45 min for more spaghetti. When the second round came it was mushy and again had a tremendous amt of oil on it. We just paid and left. Our glasses of drink we were refilled only once. We never got an apology for the slow service or the bad food. None of us will go back.