“Family Diner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Epicurean Restaurant has been serving the Chattanooga and North Georgia area for over 27 years in the same location! Our authentic recipes will excite the taste buds and brighten your mood. So come see why the area has been coming back year after year for the best, home cooked, Greek style dining experience!
Antioch, CA
“Family Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Epicurean was recommended by an employee at our hotel, and we were not sorry. It's a family diner that is a step up from Denny.s or IHOP. The interior is very well appointed.
The menu is typical American, with some Greek specialties. My husband and I had chicken Parmesan. The chicken was a preformed cutlet, so this is not upscale dining, but the sauce and Mozzarella cheese made it very good, and there was spaghetti and garlic bread on the plate, and choice of side vegetables. I had coleslaw. Two in our party had a burger and fries, which they enjoyed, along with a side of onion rings - which were crispy but not overdone. The salad was fresh and generous, if rather ordinary.
The waitress was attentive. We were the last ones in the restaurant, and to their credit, we were not made to feel rushed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Good basic homefare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I understand that the Epicurean has been around for a long time, and that says a lot about the service and the food. It is good basic eats at a good price. It is a favorite of local seniors. The surroundings are simple, the food simple but good. There were five of us having dinner Sunday evening, and all of us left well satisfied. We all ordered off the daily specials, so I didn't take a look at the Greek offerings. Each of our dinners started with a cheese roll which is a creamy cheese-stuffed phyllo triangle. Though all of the food was tasty and plentiful, I had to wonder how much of it was frozen or canned. I've never seen trout shaped in a 1 inch x 1 inch x 6 inch log, served both broiled and fried. We ordered a variety of side dishes which tend to be on the simple side -- mashed potatoes, candied yams, green beans, turnip greens, apple sauce, cottage cheese, pinto beans, etc. They were all good, and all of the dinners were served with nice hot rolls and butter. Those who had the fried fish raved about the tarter sauce which was mild, not spicy. The Epicurean has a loyal clientele, so that says a lot about the quality and service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kokomo, Indiana
“Greek American Cusine....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I ask the clerk at Best Western up the road which restaurant the locals preferred and was not too pricy but good value. His response was the Epicurean, and he was telling the truth. Service was great and the food was excellent. I wanted to try the dessert selection that they had but when we finished with our meal no room left. My wife had the baked salmon and I had the double pork chop with two sides. The chops where over a inch thick and very tasty with the seasoning they used. This is a family owned business and the service and food reflect that when you experience one of their meals.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Excellent Meal Today”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Yes, this was an excellent meal today, but I have to tell you, I've eaten here countless times before and after my last review and Epicurean is consistently one of the best family restaurants in the Chattanooga are.
Today I had a minute steak that was tender and juicy, cooked to perfection, with no need of any condiments. The homemade cole slaw and candied sweet potatoes were very good as well.
The Host and Server went above and beyond with a very friendly and hospitable demeanor.
Regardless of any other review, you really need to try The Epicurean.
Family owned and operated for many years successfully does make a difference.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have read several reviews, and it seems the ones that didn't like it only ordered baked potato and green salad. Don't knock this restaurant until you've tried their grilled pork chops, or their fried filet of trout. I am not a fish eater, but this is delicious. I could go on and on, it is an older clientele, but a great place to eat when you want a nice quiet meal. Oh and can't close without mentioning their lasagna and on Thursdays and Sundays, they have the best macaroni and cheese.

• Visited July 2013