“Amazing view and food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #255 of 709 Restaurants in Chattanooga
“Amazing view and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I highly recommend The Catfish House-a lot of for for the price and super nice and helpful wait staff

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woodstock
“Great View - Food Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We loved the view the service was very good. But the food wasn't so good. I had catfish filet's and chicken tenders, the tenders were pre package, the catfish tasted like it has been fried and reheated in the microwave. It was tough and chewy, I ate only the chicken. My husband had the fingerlings, they were fried and then reheated in the microwave. Home cake is a cake mix with home made frosting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ranger, Georgia, United States
“Good food, but it was ridiculously cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hushpuppies were great, the catfish was ok, but I felt like I was in a freezer! I had on bluejeans and a long sleeve jacket, but I was still cold. All the booths are over vents that can't be turned off...we usually eat slowly and enjoy the restaurant, but I ate quickly and left!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very tasty and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Nothing fancy. Just a riverside fish house. Saw the crowded lot on Sunday afternoon while passing through and made a U-turn. Catfish filets were served hot with slaw and hush puppies and potato choice. Was so full I took a piece of homemade buttermilk pie for later. It and my wife's Devil's Food cake were also good. The sweet tea was good as well.

Spring City, Tennessee
“Great Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were out for a drive with friends and decided to give this a try. As we drove up it is a quaint little place on the river. We were pleased when we walked in and saw it was bigger than the outside appeared. It was also clean and neat. The special for the day was Grouper for $11.00. 3 people got the Grouper and I had the catfish fillets. For $11.50 you got a serving or for $14.95 you could get all you can eat. I opted for the single portion and when it was brought out, I had three big fillets. I ate two and brought one home for a fish sandwich the next day. More than enough. The friends who got the Grouper got two large fillets and all said it was delicious. We will come back. We sat at a window seat overlooking the river and say a tug and barge go by. We would like to come in the summer and see more boats. The menu had mainly fried fish, shrimp and chicken tender items, but it did have a few salads and a few other types of sandwiches. I would definitely recommended the catfish, which they have whole, with bones or without, the fillet. I saw many orders with the whole catfish, with bones.

• Visited January 2012