“Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Chattanooga
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stopped in a few weeks ago for dinner, around 5:00. We don't usually do buffets but the grandchildren picked this spot. Little did I know it was for the chocolate fountain. After being seated we headed to the buffet line only to find three kids ages 4-5 playing in it like it was a sand box. I called this to the attention of the attendant watching the line only to be told "I can't do anything about it, where are the parents?" How would I know? That's when I should have ask for my money back and left. I tried to explain that I really didn't want to eat food that had been handled by others, she looked at me like I was crazy. Big waste of $41.00. The grandchildren will have to do without the chocolate fountain, we're going somewhere else next time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ducktown, Tennessee
“You feel like part of the herd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Cheap food,and lots of it.You're getting what you pay for,but big groups and families should be quite satisfied.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Fantastic vegetarian meal for low price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yes, yes, I know Golden Corral is for meat and fish lovers, but it is so great for vegetarians too!
There are not many restaurants where I can fill my belly at lunchtime for about $7.00+ and fill my dish with salads, hot vegetables, pasta, legumes, breads, fruits, and even a desert. In fact, there are not very many restaurants, period, that are vegetarian friendly, making Golden Corral a favorite of this local resident. For all you vegetarians and vegans, this is the place to stop when you are traveling through the Chattanooga area. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best bargain around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Yes, too many people eat too much at this restaurant, but you can't beat the value. It's definitely better than Ryan's, which is in the same category. You can eat healthy salads, baked and grilled food and fruit for dessert. The choice is up to you.

Visited October 2012
Murderapolis
“No Chocolate Wonderwall...BOO!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

In our travels, we always try to stop by a Golden Corral since we don't have them back home. Even though we're full-grown adults...we LOVE dipping all sorts of food in the chocolate fountain. ;] There was a decent variety of foods/breads/salads/desserts offered...most of the typical buffet fare. About half way through our meal, we noticed an employee taking down and cleaning the Chocolate Wonderfall. We asked our server...aptly named: Paula Dean...what was going on. She told us 'some kid must have put his hand in it. They have to take it down and clean it completely everytime that happens'. We laughed because we could only imagine how many times it happens. They took it down around 8:30PM and the restaurant was open until 10PM that evening so we figured they'd be putting it back up. Well...at 9PM when it still wasn't functioning...my fiance went to speak with the general manager. He advised my fiance that it would be back up and working soon. We had finished our meals awhile ago and were just sitting around talking while we waited. Hey! That's pretty much the main reason we stopped in afterall...so...we had no choice but to wait. At 9:30PM it STILL wasn't back up...and we decided to leave as our newborn was getting fidgety and we had already been there almost 2 hours. We were beyond disappointed at not being able to dip things in chocolate and on our way out asked to speak with a manager. Mary came to talk to us. We told her what her general manager had told us earlier and asked why the Wonderfall wasn't replaced. Mary was...cold...to say the least in her response to our complaint. She said they NEVER replace the fountain when a child puts their hand in it and her general manager shouldn't have told us otherwise. Okay...confusion!?!? The general manager doesn't know how his store runs? =/ Mary made no apologies or any attempt to rectify the situation with us [i.e. a partial refund or a complimentary buffet on a future visit/etc.] Although this wasn't a huge issue with us...her attitude left a bad taste in our mouth about the establishment. We're in town for a few weeks due to my fiance working in Chattanooga and would've most likely returned at least once in that time. Now...not.gonna.happen. Chattanooga offers LOADS of other dining options. I do want to say that our server, Paula, was exceptional! She had the best personality and was really interested in us and asked questions about where we were from, our baby, and so on. She was the highlight of this visit. Thank you, Paula! <3

• Visited September 2012