“Horrific even with a Groupon!” 1 of 5 stars

4021 Hixson Pk, Chattanooga, TN
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Horrific even with a Groupon!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was visiting Chattanooga and bought the groupon for this place. What a mistake. Out of the way and in fact is in Red Barn, not Chattanooga. Place smelled of smoke and I was told by the employee who greeted me that it was a bar that served food not a restaurant. Very dark and very dank. Don't eat here.

Visited July 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good place, unpretentious, NOT a chain - a "Cheers" kinda place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

First off, don't tell anyone about the place. Well, tell a few, but only people that you like. Enough to keep them in business, but not so many that it gets crowded.

The owners are a hoot. They smoke their own ribs and briskets, make their own slaw and sauces, and are doing a really good job with it. The Carnivore appetizer is a meat eater's delight. Brisket, ribs, and smoked turkey - not a vegetable to be seen. The burgers are excellent, with fresh-cut home-style fries.

After you're done with dinner, they have a firepit out back that you can enjoy. A firepit! No tables, but a firepit!

The beer selection is a little sparse, but they're adding some new beers and they have an excellent bar staff. If Applebee's or Chili's is your favorite restaurant, you're gonna hate it. If you prefer a neighborhood place, where everyone knows your name, you're gonna love it. But remember, only tell the people you like.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“BEWARE! Workers and customers smoking!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went in to try a new local BBQ place.
What was I thinking?
It was around 5:00 dinner time and only one other customer was there.
My family ordered the ribs and burgers.
Are they frozen dinners? What did we just try to eat?
They were overly smokey, burnt, chewing, just gross. The sauce was pretty good. Don't know if it was made in house or a bottle. From the looks of things, my guess is bottle.
I spotted some workers talking with customers and then noticed they all stepped to the front door, propped it open, and started smoking. This location use to be a bar. The stench of cigarette smoke still lingers in the building. I almost started chocking on the food. I asked for the check and got the hell out of there. I didn't bother with to-go boxes. I will NEVER go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here and we were very impressed. We met he owners who were so wonderful, and really made us feel at home. After some conversation, I was delighted to learn they cook actual Certified Angus Beef. I was sold, and had the bone-in Ribeye.........OMG it was awesome. Service was great, atmosphere laid back, and very friendly. We will be back!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wow. U gotta try this!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I never really gab abt a restaurant, but backyard grille has the best ribs I have tasted in years! If u want delicious BBQ at reasonable prices, stop here for sure!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere