“Patio Breeze family fun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #356 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Bar Louie is an eclectic urban bar with warm surroundings, filled with nightlife photography, hand-laid tile artwork and other local architectural touches. Made famous for our handcrafted signature martinis, we also feature an exceptional selection of uniquely presented American food traditionally and regionally inspired, including small plates, burgers and sandwiches. While beer and wine connoisseurs will be impressed with our extensive selection of imports, microbrews and over 20 wines by the glass, cocktail drinkers will revel in signature martinis, mojitos and margaritas made from the highest quality ingredients, fresh fruit and hand squeezed juices. We are dedicated to always remaining a local bar that delivers unforgettable experiences to every guest. Whether gathering with friends or unwinding with a cocktail, Bar Louie guests have come to expect the remarkable service and reliable experiences from us that keep them coming back over and over again.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Patio Breeze family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I and our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren had a relaxing early dinner on the covered patio and found the location lovely. We were plesantly surprised to have a quiter side of the normal bar enviroment. Happy hour made our casual meal nice for the parents and grandparents. The food was all really good and so far above the normal bar food expectation. My husband and I enjoyed the BBQ Ranch salad with grilled chicken and the portion was greter than a lunch portion. The greens, were cold, crisp and tasty! The chicken fresh and tasted fresh grilled. The other selections by family all agreed it was very well prepared. The draft & wine selection was a perfect way to unwind from the week. We will defintely share our experience with others and plan to make it a place to visit again soon. Don't let the BAR sign scare you away from sharing with family as the servers were very accomodating!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Accommodated Surprise Party Well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a surprise 50th birthday party for my wife. Reserved space for 25 and had 35 show up. Bar Louie staff did a super job reserving the tables and accommodating the overflow. Most guests had both drinks and dinner. Staff was super, as I was a bit distracted with the party. They picked up the slack.

My food (cheeseburger) was great. The point of this review is the excellent way the facility handled the party. THANKS!

TDeSalvo, Owner at Bar Louie, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We thank you for your review. We are happy we were able to accommodate you and your guests with providing exceptional service. Again, thank you for posting your comments and hope to see you back again soon. Have a great day!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outside dinning in 38º weather”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a eclectic Urban neighborhood Bar with a nightlife that can be enjoyed by all.
We had a group of 30 on a Saturday night. Sat on the patio They had it enclosed, heaters & fire going in the fireplace. It was comfortable. Enjoyed the party.The service was good for such a large group & the food was good. They offer unique drinks, as well a small plate or large plate American food.The Pomegranate Margareta's were really good (a little less ice would have been nice) based on an $8.50 per drink charge (a little pricey). We had the Tempura small plate shrimp. The shrimp was perfect & cooked properly as was the Drunken Fish. The Buffalo wings had good flavor.
Because it is attached to the Hamilton Place Mall some of us went book shopping afterward.
Great place for a get together. They have food & drinks for everyones taste.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TDeSalvo, Owner at Bar Louie, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
My name is Tony De Salvo and I am one of the owners of Bar Louie Chattanooga. I just wanted to say thank you for your comments as we value your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
Chattanooga
“Good food - great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been here three times in the last 2 months and each and every time the food has been hot and the beers... ice cold. If you sit around the bar, the bar tender introduces themselves and seem to be happy to be there. The patio is nice even in the winter with the heaters and fire place. It is a great place to hang out with friends or have dinner with the family.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TDeSalvo, Owner at Bar Louie, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We always appreciate the feedback! Have a great day!
Monterey, California
“Pre-Shopping Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Bar Louie last night with wife and guest. We arrived at around 6:45. Had to wait for a table to be cleaned.

Maybe I'm crazy - but ABSOLUTELY hate it when a server sits down at your table to take your order. WAY too casual!!

So we ordered the $5 happy hour martinis - both very good and a 1/2 price appetizer - the dip sampler of queso, salsa & guac. Also good. Waitress offered to refill our chips - but that never happened.
Wife and guest shared a salad - that was good
I ordered the burger special - asked for the Louie - but I recd. a burger with bacon and fried egg. Waitress argued what I ordered but I showed her on the menu her error. She apologized and offered to replace it - rather than wait for another burger I just took what she brought. In short the burger was very good.

So if your going to be out by Hamilton Place and you want some good drinks and bar food - go ahead. Service

Visited January 2013
TDeSalvo, Owner at Bar Louie, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
My name is Tony DeSalvo and I am one of the owners of Bar Louie Chattanooga. I first off want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for the fact that we did not meet your expectations. I personally read and respond to every comment and use this information to help further develop our team. I would like the opportunity to personally discuss your visit. Please feel free to call me at: 630-862-9210 or if you prefer email me at: tony@louiemanagement.com.

Thank you and have a great day!