“Authentic Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Spring City, Tennessee
“Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband & I when here for lunch. Upon walking in we saw they had a specials board. That day's special was Shrimp Diablo with two sides. I asked the waitress about it and she said it was her second day and didn't know enough about it to answer my question. She promptly got the owner. He described the dish and the amount of "heat" it would have. We both ordered it. Fresh, hot Salsa chips and salsa was delivered to the table. Salsa was fresh and just enough kick to it. I prefer mine to be a little more chuncky, but this was good. Upon eating all the chips, another basket was brought to the table. We both opted for the shrimp to be put over rice and a side salad, as our two sides. The main course came out within 15 minutes and was very hot when delivered to the table. The side salads were then delivered. I would have preferred to have the salad while we were waiting for the main course. Maybe I wouldn't have eaten so many chips and salsa. The salads were fresh and a good size. Choice of dressings was good. The shrimp Diablo was very good. It was spicy but not too spicy. The shrimp were plentiful and cooked to perfection. Good blend of spices, green & red peppers and onions. Overall, an excellent meal. No room for dessert. The owner was very friendly and a pleasure to speak with. He told us he was expanding the menu and will have more choices. We will be back to try the Mai Mai dish.

• Visited December 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“More of a Southwestern style.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The food was great, I had the shredded beef flautas which included 2 sides as do all the entrees I chose the black beans and the rice. I would not say it is true "authentic" but more of like a SoCal style but very tasty none the less. The service is excellent I was with a large group and never waited long at all for drinks food refills etc.
Parking is a little tricky, they don't have a lot to speak of so you will have to park on the street and walk over. I think the prices were a little high but the quality did make up for it. I can tell when something is homemade or processed and this did not taste processed to me. Live music played, lounge style jazz singer when I was there.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Three friends and I went to Poblano's for lunch and all really enjoyed. Very good quality that is certainly a couple cuts above the typical mexican restaurants here. Great ingredients, big portions, nice atmosphere, and wonderful service (young female server was top-of-the-line). The burritos got high marks, as did the poblano stuffed pepper dish. Their mexican sub sandwich also received graded well, and the chips and salsa, both of which I believe were freshly made, were really good. The consensus was that pork is the meat to go with here; very well prepared. The grilled vegetables were awesome, too. Perhaps a little pricey when compared to other mexican restaurants around, but it is reasonable when considering the quality and serving size. All of us were impressed.

• Visited December 2012
Athens
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Loved the food! We had the fajita's and the chile relleno. The server was great! Very nice experience! Next time we are in Chattanooga we will eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
Cloudland, GA
“Fresh, homemade dishes, good prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Being originally from Los Angeles, and having had true, authentic tasty Mexican fare, I have learned to stay away from the boring, white bread cookie-cutter Mexican restaurants in the South because I am always dismally disappointed. But a Groupon for this place encouraged me to give it a try. Wow, what a pleasant and unexpected surprise! The dishes really are in the true Mexican style, not some dumbed-down, pasty version. Everything we had was excellent....and I'm picky. Check my other reviews and you won't see me giving out very many excellent ratings. Homemade guacamole was wonderful. They even do their own chips on site - not out of a plastic bag. Even the salad dressings were flavorful and different. I heartily recommend the enchiladas. All three - pork, chicken and fish - were excellent. Sauces as close to true Mexican as I've had since leaving L.A. Beer was cold, food was great, wine selection also very good; prices for this quality of food was also excellent. I Heartily Recommend!

• Visited October 2012