“Bed Bugs & Scabies...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Lookout Mountain

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Lookout Mountain to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Lookout Mountain
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3117 Parker Lane, Chattanooga, TN 37419 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
LA
“Bed Bugs & Scabies...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

My family evacuated to Chattanooga from Hurricane Gustav. The first day we found a few bugs we thought were ticks, but thought nothing of it. We later found out they were bed bugs. They gave us a new room but now that we're home, we have started breaking out. The doctor said we have scabies!

They offered us a free night because of this problem, then tried to add it back in at check out. This hotel looks very nice but the workers and management are incompident. They take forever to check people in/out. They don't know how to use their computer program and have to keep calling customer service. I had to wait an hour for them to fix the problem with the bill. I just hope its right now on the credit card.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gainesville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

My family of four stayed for one night, and I was horrified to find bed bugs on the beds. I woke up to feed my infant son during the night, and as I laid him down, I noticed bugs crawling on the bed. My husband and I proceeded to kill about thirty of them. I went down to tell the front desk, and they moved us to another room. We didn't have any more problems, but my husband and I didn't sleep because we were worried about bugs biting our children. When I talked to the front desk about it in the morning, they seemed to be aware of the problem and refused to offer a refund. I understand that bed bugs can happen anywhere, but I was shocked by the unprofessional and rude response.

Stayed August 2008
Tangerine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

This hotel is off of I-24 at exit 175. There are three hotels here: EconoLodge (looked pretty new---all inside halls), Comfort Inn/Stes, Quality Inn (outside halls). This hotel has inside halls and an inside pool. The hot tub did not have controls for guest adjustment. The hot tub was also colder than the pool. Pool towels are provided. You can swim outside next door at the Quality----easily within walking distance. The elevator was HORRIBLE! It would stop and open the door before arriving all the way at the floor. It jerked and moaned and groaned. We stayed on the opposite side of the hall from the elevator about three rooms away and we could hear the mechanical whine in our room whenever anyone used the elevator! There is a computer/printer for guest use in the lobby. Free breakfast (standard fare) is provided. The TV in the breakfast area did not work. Maps with good coupons are in the lobby by the checkin/out desk. The room was standard smallish. We had a comfortable king and pullout sofa. There's not much views at this exit of mountains. The vending machines sold Coke products. Ice was on each floor. The bathroom in our room was great!! It had the curved shower curtain, a long counter, and BUILT IN SHELVES IN THE WALL! There were three one foot square shelves built into the wall in the bathroom. I've never seen this before. Great for storage or small clothing items. Each shelf was about one foot high, one foot wide, and one foot deep. At this exit is a McDonald's and a gas station within walking distance. Another gas station was at this exit, too. To get to exit 174 (for Raccoon Mountain Cave---a MUST SEE!!!!) or to get to these places at exit 174: WalMart, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel you don't have to get on the highway. Exit the hotel and go LEFT. Turn RIGHT at the first light (road ends). Go around a corner and you will find the new WalMart with appropriate strip mall stores. Keep poking around and you will find the Cracker Barrel. There's also more hotels at exit 174: Baymont, Hampton (run down), Best Western (outside halls), Holidy Inn Express, Super 8 (looks nice), Country Inn and Suites, Days Inn, and a couple more. To get to Rock City from exit 175, turn LEFT out of the hotel. Turn LEFT at the light. Follow the signs. You can get to Ruby Falls this way, too. There's no other eating places that direction although there is a WalGreens.

• Liked — Location, Bathroom Shelves
  • Disliked — Elevator, Cold Hot Tub, Broken TV in breakfast area, oh, and did I say the ELEVATORS??!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Upstate, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I chose this hotel because I had enough points to stay here for two nights. The reviews seemed acceptable, so we booked it. I stay in a lot of hotels and I don't consider myself finicky at all. I just want a clean, comfortable room. At check-in, we were given a first floor room. The hallways and the room both smelled "soured". The room was smaller than normal for a Comfort Suites brand room. The shower head was cracked and streams of water went across the room. From the mold on the bathroom ceiling, I speculated that this was not a new problem. The toilet would not flush properly unless you "jiggled" the handle.

Last note... this is not the best area of town. It's convenient to Lookout Mountain, but the downtown area or the area around the other Comfort Inn seemed a bit safer.

We checked out and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

A newer facility with friendly staff and a nice continental breakfast with waffles, good coffee and other selections. The room was nicely furnished with chair, desk, mini fridge and microwave. Good value for the money and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Newer hotel - good breafkast
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MABLETON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites this past weekend and had a marvelous time!

It's a wonderful hotel, with all the comforts and amenities one can imagine! Our room (3rd floor, non-smoking) was very spacious and well appointed. It had a refrigerator, microwave, iron, coffeemaker (with complementary packets of coffee, sugar, creamer, etc.), a very nice TV, a big desk, comfortable chairs, roomy closet with plenty of hangers, and well supplied bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps, and lots of fluffy towels of different sizes. The hotel offers free wireless Internet connection (which we used--had our laptop with us), and there's also a computer in the lobby, free for hotel guests.

The beds are very comfortable, with fluffy pillows (4 per bed), soft sheets and blankets, and downy comforters.

The window opens to let fresh air in--a very important element for us. Our room was on the odd-number side of the hallway which is very quiet (the hotel is in a relatively quiet area anyway, but that side is especially so). The hotel was very peaceful and we slept very well.

The breakfast buffet was nice--3 kinds of cereal, bagels, bisquits, gravy, boiled eggs, waffle mix (people made their own waffles). We didn't eat there but plenty of hotel guests did and looked happy. On the subject of eating--adjacent to the hotel, there's a McDonald's and a Hardee's, also a Waffle House not too far, and of course, many other options in the area.

The hotel has a fitness area (looks good), a lovely swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The pool's heated and very relaxing to swim in. Towels were available from the reception desk. The staff were polite and expedient in all respects.

We wholeheartedly recommend this hotel! Staying there is worth every penny!

• Liked — Everything was great!
  • Disliked — We had no problems whatsoever!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Berwick, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I own my own travel agency. In May of 2007 I booked three rooms for two nights each, for a family vacation. Several days prior to our arrival I found it necesary to cancel one of the rooms. I had written confirmations of the bookings and the cancellation. Upon arrival I was informed that the hotel was holding FIVE rooms in my name and FIVE rooms in my son-in-laws name for both nights.After my initial shock, I was "allowed" to speak with the manager. I was told the hotel would cancel the additional rooms for the second night, but since I had not cancelled 24 hours prior, they could not cancel eight (8) rooms for that night. The manager told me to conctact my travel agent (myself) to settle any dispute. When I explained that I was the agent, she asked me if I had called the hotel to confirm the reservations. I explained that I had the written confirmations, and had never found it necessary to call a hotel in the past 40 years of booking rooms. My written confirmations also stated "cancel by 6:00 pm DOA" This whole ordeal took approximately 1 hour, and was horrific. I'm glad it was me, and not one of my clients!

The hotel eventually DID cancel the additional rooms, and there was no extra charge to me, thankfuly. The check in process was bad enough, without having to go through a long drawn out law suit. As an additional comment, the same people own/manage the Quality Inn right next door.

As for the hotel...the price was right, the room was clean, the beds very comfortable (and the pillows were fantastic). It was just a shame that a damper had to be put on my family's visit to Chattanooga. Will I stay there again? NO. Will I recommend it to my clients? NO.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!