“Bad online reservation Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Bad online reservation Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family booked a 2 bedroom suite online, when we showed up they only had a 1 bedroom suite. Not good. All the other motels were booked solid. Travis at the front desk offered us two suites at a discounted price. Altho we did all want to stay in one suite, we we're satisfied with the motels offer. Other then the fact the motel is somewhat away from the river front attractions its a nice place to stay. Clean attractive suites and very friendly service. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1453Mack, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We certainly appreciate your business. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience of the reservation issue. I am glad that Travis was able to help you and your traveling companions. I will let him know. I hope that you enjoyed your stay in Chattanooga. Thank you.

Jim Sheppard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at Staybridge Suites on Carter St. Chattanooga Tn with another couple couple of weeks ago. We had a two bedroom each with private bath living room w/kitchenette. Our experience was wonderful. The suite was clean and well prepared and organized. The staff was very good both friendly and helpful. They serve a full breakfast compliments of Staybridge and also light meals on some nights also compliments of Staybridge. We have stayed also at a Staybridge in Charlotte NC many years ago and it also was on the ball. We would highly recommend Staybridge Suites to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomaston, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location is great, across the street from the convention center. I would not stay there again, unless forced. It is not your typical hotel, if you stay over a weekend you have to tell them you want clean towels and request "light housekeeping"... make the bed and take out the trash. I asked the housekeeper for kleenex and she gave me a roll of toilet paper..... I didn't know how to ask in spanish. The hot breakfast was ok, get there early of things get hard and cold. For $!70 a night I expected a little better... taxes are about $30 per night.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the interstate highway side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1453Mack, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We appreciate your business. I would like to apologize about the staff interpretation with your needs. I will address it with the staff. We would like you to stay with us the next time that you are in Chattanooga. We know that we can be your hotel of choice when you are in town.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A member of our group booked this hotel - wise choice! The first rule of thumb is always location and this hotel has it; walking distance to several restaurants and the shuttle, plus free parking (a rarity downtown). The standard amenities of Staybridge Suites (a brand that I personally trust anywhere I travel) were enjoyed, but the patio area was a great place to relax and enjoy the weather and friends.

This IS a pet-friendly hotel - and there seemed to be a large group of travelers with dogs - until we discovered they were having a dog-frisbee competition in Chattanooga. Even with the inordinately large number of dogs, there were no infringements upon our enjoyment of the hotel (kudos to the staff to handle that group without disturbing travelers without pets).

Rooms were well appointed, beds comfortable and full size refrigerators (standard for Staybridge, of course) and the breakfast was well above average for a "free breakfast". Staff was friendly and courteous. A good shower and good bed are what I mainly look for in a hotel, and this one I would definitely stay there again when in Chattanooga and highly recommend it.

The ONLY thing that was a challenge was the parking; with the hotel being located a couple of blocks from where UT-Chattanooga plays their home games, there were a lot of vehicles that were not guests of the hotel on Saturday afternoon. While it wasn't a problem for us, I can see where that might become a problem without either card access or dashboard permits displayed (when we checked in, the front desk did not seem to be concerned with make or model of our vehicle). Again, it was not a problem for us - just an observance.

Overall, an outstanding stay and an outstanding hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Clifton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

overall i could have given Staybridge 5 but had to go with a 4. all of the amenities of home for the most part. friendly accommodating staff. rooms were very clean. we had to be moved because we were surrounded by dogs barking in almost every room on the floor. when we moved, we thought ahhh, a good nights sleep..and more barking. i believe that the policy here should be that owners not leave their dogs alone while they are gone for hours.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from animals.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We certainly want to be your home away from home. I apologize about the noise with the pets. We are a pet-friendly hotel. We certainly appreciate your business and want you to come back and stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

My weekend stay at the Staybridge was like home away from home. Everything from the greeting of the front desk staff to the smiles from housekeeping that you received everyday that I was there. The manager Mr. Haynes went well over and beyond in making sure that I had everything that I needed and if I didn't he would be sure that I did. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is thinking of visiting Chattanooga! Might I add that the breakfast, pool and outdoor patio are a great add to a wonderful stay!! ;)

• Stayed September 2012
1453Mack, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We certainly appreciate it. I will make sure Mr. Haynes knows that you have acknowledged him in your comments. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Chattanooga. We look forward to you staying with us in the future. Thanks again.

Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had tickets to the Southern Brewer Festival for Sat. We wanted to bring the dogs to Chattanooga. We have a 90 lb German Shepherd and a 70 lb Akita. I booked Motel 6 but when I read the reviews I canceled and called Staybridge Suites. The woman at the desk said last week they had a Great Dane. Of course it was more expensive than Motel 6 but it was great, they only charged $25 for the dogs for the entire stay. We had a living room/kitchen and a seperate bedroom. The breakfast was nice and we could eat outside on the patio with the dogs. We hardly saw anyone in the hall, it was very quiet. You could jog to Ross's Landing in 15 minutes or walk there in 30 minutes. Chattanooga is a lot of fun and I would stay at Staybridge Suites again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!