“Must Go” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVR)

Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVR)
4119 Cromwell Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
423-894-8028
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 55 Attractions in Chattanooga
Type: Scenic Railroads, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/train
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest operating historic railroads in the United States offers scenic trips through the Tennessee countryside.
Dalton, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Must Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I took my son for his 4th birthday and we loved it. It was so much fun and the staff were so friendly and very informative.

Visited March 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“Valentine's Day Dinner Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife of forty years I decided to take a train trip for this years Valentine Day celebration. (We figured since we had made it to our sixties, we deserved a getaway, even if it was for just a couple of hours.)
After arriving for the excursion, we boarded our train car which was to take us on a "Trip to Remember." (At least for the rest of the year.) We had our own table for two in an offset area of the car. It was very comfortable and romantic. The trip was probably only 15 miles each direction, but it was still a lot of fun. It was very interesting seeing the city from a different perspective and then trying to figure out exactly where you were as related to streets and familiar places.
We could order beef, chicken, or fish. I ordered beef and my wife had the chicken. The beef was fairly tough to the extent I could only eat half of the large portion served including green beans and mashed potatoes. Oh yes, we also had soup and salad and afterwards, dessert. If you knew me, you would realize I don't generally leave food on my plate.
Now, my loving and sweet wife shared her chicken with me and I'll have to say it was delicious.

The trip concluded after returning to the station and we hope to do it again next year. If you can "handle" the price, I think you will enjoy the trip.

Visited February 2014
Galveston, Texas
“Be warned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

If this is your first train ride, be aware that besides the fact you can honestly say you went on a train ride, there is not much to recommend this trip. For one, the view from the train is nothing but under brush and forest clutter. Next, the train never exceeds 30 mph. This was our grandchildren's first train ride and they were pretty disappointed. My advice, skip this one and find something else for it cost us $56 for two adults and two children to look at the same thing from a slow moving train that we could see for free down any dirt road.

Visited February 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
51 attraction reviews
“View some different trains!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great place to look at a train up close and take a ride. They had a lot of things to read and see in exhibits that the kids were too excited to look at before we went on the train. We took the 3 mile ride over a couple of bridges and through a tunnel where you then exit the train and watch it be turned around on the turntable (kids loved that!) and then you journey back to the station the same way. It was bit crowded on the day we went and I did expect a little more for the price we paid, but overall we still really enjoyed ourselves.

Visited June 2013
Nashville,TN
14 attraction reviews
“TN Valley Railroad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very cool if you are into trains. Nice tour. Small busy gift shop with all kinds of train memorabilia. Cool old train cars, annd you get to ride a train

Visited July 2013