“Hope it lasts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVR)

Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVR)
4119 Cromwell Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
423-894-8028
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 55 Attractions in Chattanooga
Type: Scenic Railroads, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/train
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest operating historic railroads in the United States offers scenic trips through the Tennessee countryside.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Hope it lasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have taken my sons to see Thomas the train here for about seven straight years. I keep telling myself I am going to take the kids and do a longer train ride, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Decatur, AL
“Fun and the Hubster loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was fun, retro, and super for a first time train ride. Loved watching the train turn on the turntable.

Dickey, ME
3 attraction reviews
“One of the finest tourist railroads in the southeast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I took my wife and little one on one of the excursions, and we had a blast!
Also, it's one of the easiest to get to steam rides in our area. I have to give it a 5-star rating just for steam, period! Just bring plenty of diapers and snacks for the kids (and yourself) and you'll be fine.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, GA
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience, my son loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was "Day w/Thomas" weekend, but I'm too savvy to pay that kind of money.. it looks as though 'riding thomas' is the exact same as it is riding the regular train. Thomas just has Thomas on the front, which everyone can see and enjoy, take pictures by etc.. There were LOTS of activities for the kids, but it unfortunately was on a rainy weekend. We rode the regular train that we got to board on right from the station, it was a pretty quick ride and they make a stop, where you have the opportunity to get out and watch them turn the train around. We had to park a ways away as it was so busy, but they had lots of golf cart taxis which I thought was great. We paid 32 for mom/dad/son (he is 2)... where as it would have been 60+ to ride 'Thomas'. Overpriced if you asked me..

Suwanee, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great for the Family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My two year old daughter, husband and I loved this experience! We got to look at all of the old trains before walking in the station (you can go into some of them as well and they have some old memorabilia in them) and then looked around the store and original station. We bought our tickets and then we took a ride on the train and went through an original civil war tunnel. My daughter loved it when the man came to punch her ticket! We had a nice little stop and watched a train go on a turntable. Then back to the station we go! It was not that long of an event, but it was one of our favorite activities while we were in Chattanooga.

Visited March 2013