“So glad I picked this tour over another...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 63 Activities in Chattanooga
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Join the Hunt Masters, experienced paranormal investigators on a ghostly expedition through some of the most historic locations in Chattanooga, including the famously haunted 100 year old powerhouse of the Hales Bar Dam, which was featured on both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures! See for yourself what it is like to walk inside locations with the most frequent reports of haunted activity. All investigation equipment is provided with our ghost hunting tours and paranormal explorations including K-II meters, IR temperature Guns, Mel-Meters, the Ovilus X, EM Pumps, EVP equipment, and more!
Hudson, FL
34 attraction reviews
“So glad I picked this tour over another...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I initially picked this "ghost" tour because they offered a Groupon, but after the tour I would have been happy even if I had paid full price. Besides the stories of siteings and history of hauntings, our guide was very knowledgeable and did not make it feel "hokey". The equipment we all carried made it more enjoyable and in the cemetary after I took a picture of a gravestone, my equipment starting flashing crazy and my son's showed a dropped of temperature to 43 degrees. Definitely worth the time and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Visited July 2012
Chiyote, Manager at Ghost Hunter Chattanooga, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We're glad you had a great time! We greatly enjoy what we do and are happy to be able to share it. I don't find it fair, though, to compare what we do to other tours. I appreciate story telling tours, and good story tellers. We're paranormal investigators, and focus on equipment and techniques to finding ghosts. Chattanooga has an interesting history, and it provides a unique opportunity for investigators. Thanks for joining the hunt, hope to see you again if you find yourself back in the Scenic City!

Alabama
“Dark and Spooky!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I highly recommend this ghost hunt tour to anyone visiting the Chattanooga area. The ghost hunt team is very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. The best part was the graveyard tour. It was very spooky! The team also provides lots of equipment for everyone on the ghost hunt to borrow...free of charge! Other ghost hunts charge you to use their equipment. Just remember to wear bug spray!! Susi

LaFayette, Georgia
“Ant biting ghosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was the third time I've been ghost hunting, but only the first time with this particular group and the best experience I've ever had! Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable and hospitable, true southern charm. Chattanooga has a richly clandestine history and that note was in the air that surrounded our night of adventure. Our tour started out with an introduction, the, "do's and don'ts and a brief explanation of equipment, that we all were allowed to play with, and a synopsis of our tour. Extremely professional explanations of phenomena was provided and opinions as well as questions were received. I highly recommend taking a tour with the Ghost Hunter Chattanooga! You won't be disappointed! Although, no one in our group was directly pinched, pushed or spoken to, I did experience what felt like ants biting my leg as we walked through the cemetery. Upon inspection there were no ants on my body and no ant hills in site. Was it my imagination? Or, was it an ant biting ghost?..... muahhhhhahah

Dunlap, Tennessee
“Major Chills...Even in a Heatwave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I checked out a few of the different ghost tours around town before deciding on this particular one, and I'm SOOO glad I did (for a few reasons)!

1. The guys who run the tour are extremely knowledgable about the paranormal as well as TN & US History. This gives them a huge advantage when they are leading you through the different parts of the tour & explaining the local legends & all the ghosts left behind to roam! No question was ever left unanswered! (In fact, any I had were always answered before I ever had a chance to ask! Maybe they're a little bit psychic too? Hmmm...)

2. At the beginning of this tour, the "Hunters" begin by giving the group an overview of how the tour is going to go (Where you're going, what you'll see, etc...). During our "orientation" they gave us all flashlights and nice cold bottled water - which was awesome, since it was 98 degrees, even at 8pm! They then began passing out different pieces of their paranormal equipment (EMF meters, Infared temperature guns, and of course the infamous "ghost box"!) to anyone in the group who would like to use them during the hunt and explained how to operate them. Now, unlike the other tours, using this equipment is FREE during their hunt! When I was looking around before settling on this one, I found that the other tours were upcharging just to hold a piece of equipment during their hunts (And personally, I absolutely HATE upcharges - and LOVE a nice FREE bonus! Especially when it comes in the form of something as awesome as this!). We were able to trade out pcs of equipment along the hunt as well so we all got to see how the different pcs worked too. It was really cool!

3. The tour was never "stuffy" or predictable. The guys were professional, yet somewhat laid back. They made you feel comfortable talking candidly about your own paranormal experiences - which was really cool. When the group shared their own ghost stories, it made the hunt even more spooky! The atmosphere was very relaxed and open - and personally I think that had alot to do with the way the tour was run. (They made us feel at home....in a cemetary! Creepy!)

If I had it to do all over again, I'll definitely take bug spray next time - because I'll definitely be going back again! It was so super spooky - but so much fun, and I can't wait to bring some friends back & share the experience!

Visited June 2012
, Manager at Ghost Hunter Chattanooga, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our Ghost Hunt! Comments such as your help us greatly to know what guests are looking for, so that we may ensure that each and every person who goes on one of our ghost hunting expeditions has a safe and enjoyable time. We've worked really hard researching and planning the perfect rout for our guests, and it means the world to us when this work has made a positive impact to guests such as yourself. The heatwave in Chattanooga was amazing (reaching 110 degrees during the day!) and we are glad to hear that the heat did not take away from the experience. The complimentary bottles of water was the least we could do, as we would hate to think that any of our guests were suffering or uncomfortable while joining us. Thanks again for coming along, and we look forward to hosting you on one of our future ghost hunts!
Rock Spring, Georgia
“Always a good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I always have a good time when I go on these tours. I never fail to come away from it with some pretty interesting pictures and haveing a new insight into the history of the town itself. These are filled with bits of historical information as well as paranormal information that you wont always get without haveing experienced this tour.

Visited June 2012
, Manager at Ghost Hunter Chattanooga, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Feedback such as your helps us to improve the experience other guests have. Although we are extremely glad you had a good time, we are disappointed that you did not have an excellent time. We always strive to receive an A+ rating, and it crushes us when we only receive a B. (What can I say, we strive for perfection when it comes to guest satisfaction.)