“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love this place! Their pretzel bread with their homemade dipping sauces is delicious and I can't go without getting their Kraut Balls, a bit of fried deliciousness. I tried to talk the owner into giving me the cherry ale mustard recipe, but, to no avail. We live close to this restaurant, and we always bring our house guests here b/c the food and the view is unmatched.

• Visited August 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped by here for a quick snack and a beer. The place was hoppin on a Wednesday afternoon after work. We ordered the kraut balls. Everyone loved them but me. I must say though that I am not that into fried food. Kraut cheese and other numminess breaded and fried. Loved the place though. Nice outdoor seating area.

Visited September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“You Can't Miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were advised by the bartender at The Hair of the Dog bar to walk across the pedestrian bridge to the north end and check Brewhaus out for a beer. Ended up going back for dinner and it was fantastic! Try the pimento cheese appetizer served German style with warm bread and pickles. I didn't want to share. For my entree I got a spicy bratwurst sandwich served on pretzel bread with kraut, Swiss and spicy mustard. It was to die for. Service was impeccable and great beer selection. Hope you enjoy!

Huntsville, Alabama, USA
“Fantastic beer and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We wandered this way after walking out of Northshore Grille. Sooo glad we did. Great beer at decent prices, lots of delicious food. Got the chicken and schnitzel with cherry ale curry mustard or whatever (you'll see it on the menu) and it was fabulous. Staff was friendly and helpful and attentive and our food and beers were out quick.

We sat inside but they have a great covered patio overlooking the river. A nice relaxing and fun atmosphere either way. Too bad we aren't locals or we'd be there every Tuesday for trivia and again for their beer tastings!

GA
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Been wanting to try this place since I heard about it a yr ago. Figured with Volkswagon coming maybe it would be pretty authentic. Food was pretty good, but service was terrible. No clean tables, although people were not eating at them. Practically had to beg to have someone clear the table. Bought an appetizer for all to share, didn't get a plate to eat it off of. Everytime we asked for something, like a towel to wipe off the table, or another beer, we were met with disdain. I was pretty embarrased since I had brought someone from out of town there.
Lesson learned..not going back