“Find a different place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #26 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Find a different place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Having stayed at Country Inns and Suites many times and in many places over the years, I felt fairly confident booking this hotel on our trip home from Florida. Everything seemed normal upon arrival (other than the signs all over the outside of the building that state not to leave anything of value in vehicles - that they're not responsible - this was a little concerning). Hannah checked us in warmly and efficiently. First room we were given looked like a cheap OLD Motel 6. It was extremely worn. The floor had not been swept (and it was REALLY dirty). Fridge was full of old food and sofa bed linens had not been changed. They "upgraded" us due to our trouble and we then received a room that was what I consider a standard fare room for Country Inns & Suites. Breakfast was only half ready at opening time. Front desk person (Hannah again) also was tending the breakfast (with a smile). We paid more for this hotel then we have for others in the chain and it was much much worse (unless you pay more for the upgrade I guess). I will not book the hotel again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Monteagle, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Looking for a getaway close to home with our 2 1/2 year old. Wanted near the mall and indoor pool. This hotel has everything you could ever want. An all suite hotel, close to Hamilton Place and tons of restaurants, pool, hot tub, great staff, cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in, plenty of towels, flat screen TV's in both rooms. I can't say enough. We will definitely stay here again and again and I am recommending it to all of our friends who come to the city for business and pleasure. Oh yes, did I mention free breakfast and a box of chocolates in the room for us because it was Valentine's Day. Thank you, thank you for a great weekend.

• Liked — Clean, clean, clean
  • Disliked — We liked EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Marietta, GA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Stayed one night over the Labor Day weekend.

Was pleased with the size of the rooms, and the fact that they have both a microwave and a mini-refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast has variety and quantity, but not much in the way of protein (just some pre-packaged egg & bacon biscuits). The waffles were good. The coffee, average.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The decor attempts to be "country traditional". Not particularly my taste, but not necessarily ugly.

Did not try the pool (didn't have time).

The hotel, as many others, is conveniently located near a large shopping mall, and a score of other chain stores and eating establishments.

No complaints. Good deal overall.

• Liked — Large Rooms & Suite Arrangements
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

After reading the reviews on this site, we decided to take the plunge and book this hotel. It was a great decision for our family!

The staff was super friendly and helpful each and every time we encountered them. Particularly, the woman who was in charge of the buffet breakfast. She went out of her way to ensure that the food was hot and that each person was greeted as they entered the dining area. She even went as far as to make sure that there was not any objectionable television shows on their dining room TV if there were children watching. We did have a problem with our key being deactivated after the first day. The staff was apologetic and fixed it promptly.

I was aware of an indoor pool, but was pleasantly surprised that there was also an outdoor pool too. The area around the pools were nicely maintained and private to the surrounding properties. At one point, the outdoor pool was shut down for maintenance.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. My children were excited to be able to sleep on the sleeper sofa (???) and the king bedroom was separated by a glassed paned French door. There were two large flat screen TVs, which is really nice when you have small children. The one thing that was annoying was that there was only one A/C unit in the bedroom. The sitting area was cooled by that unit and an exhaust fan in the wall. It would be FREEZING in the bedroom and minimally cool near the door.

There is a small microwave and an tiny refrigerator in the room. I was expecting a dorm sized refrigerator. This one could hold about 6 drinks and a pack of cheese or ham. We hoped to be able to have some small juice bottles chilled for the kids (when we ran out of juice boxes), but the frig was too small for that.

This hotel is located near several places to eat. Of course, there is the mall. But right across the street is a Cracker Barrel, a local diner, Fazoli's, O'Charley's and other fast food.

Probably the very best part of this hotel is their buffet breakfast! It was great! There was a constant supply of juices, coffee, hot chocolate and machined cappachino. They offered the usual cereals and pastries (fresh), but also offered hot choices too. Depending on the day, we had scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy with cheese omlettes or quiches and there was a Belgium waffle maker available with toppings. The lady who was in charge appeared to take great pride in her cooking and responsibilities over the buffet. She was always available and very personable.

Although we did not have need for it, the hotel provides a computer with Windows software and a printer in their lobby. There is also a small library available for guests to take a book for their stay.

The hotel is a short drive to the Chattanooga downtown area. A short trip of approximately 15 minutes gets you downtown and near Lookout Mountain.

It was a pleasant experience and we would definitely return to Country Inn at Hamilton Place.

• Liked — Exceptional Buffet Breakfast
  • Disliked — There was only one A/C unit for the entire suite.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

Please be advised!! I have held off posting this warning but have given the management company of this hotel 72 hours or more to respond to my phone calls and they have not. So here goes....we were headed south and decided to spend our first night here April 9th. The readers digest version is that from the minute we checked in our movements in this property were being monitored. We checked in @ 6:30....put in a room on the 3rd as far away from the front desk as possible. We unloaded our luggage and went for a quick bite. We returned around 7:30p and headed for the pool around 7:50p.....when we left the pool @ 8:55p I told my wife that I was going to ask for some extra pillows at the front desk. The front desk person said no to the pillows....but .....by the way....opened the drawer under the counter and produced a very small wallet (business card holder) that I keep my ID and credit cards in...and handed it over to me. Right away I knew something was wrong as before I left the room I put that wallet and some cash in a hidden place....that was the last thing I did before we left for the pool!! Needless to say I raced back to our room to discover my wife and 2 children (5 & 7) standing in the middle of all our belongings that had been ransacked. Luggage and contents were strewen around the room. Surveillance cameras are only located on the first floor. The front desk person said she found my wallet "on top of the Coke machine on the 3rd floor" which given her height and the color of my wallet (dark green almost black) and the size (very slim and only the size of a credit card) would be virtually impossible for her to detect. The surveillance footage of the front desk does not show her (the only staff at the property) at the front desk at all during the hour we were at the pool. Interestingly enough there is 3 to 4 windows behind the front desk that open to the indoor pool area. Bottom line here is that we were being watched......and were robbed while we were not in our room. Was it a coincidence that no other room was broken into that evening? The minute this staff member located my wallet and id why did she not come directly into the pool area to advise......I had just checked in with her a little over an hour earlier and produced id with my picture.....we had a face to face coversation....she knew what I looked like and if at the front desk could quite clearly see me swimming with my family in the the indoor pool. This property is managed by Sand Companies Inc out of Waite Park Minnesota. I have given them ample time to respond to my phone calls ( I waited until I returned from holidays to start making them). They own/manage many more Country Inns across the US under the Carlson brand. I would warn against staying in any of these properties. My next step is to go directly to the parent company Carlson to request a complete investigation into the improper security practices as this property

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — security
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Countryhamilton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
The hotel management took immediate action
to investigate and reports filed.
Baton Rouge, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

I suppose that room was not bad, and the location was not bad (though nothing of interest was within walking distance), but this hotel did not do it for me. The wireless internet was so weak that it was not even worth using. The exhaust fan in the bedroom ran all night and generated just enough noise to keep me from sleeping. The good thing is that the rooms are large. Breakfast was the traditional chain hotel breakfast with breads, juice and a waffle maker.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed one night on our way to Orlando (3 adults and 2 children). We arrived very late and left early so we did not have a chance to use the pool :-(. The rooms were a great size and the air was on when we arrived- always nice. We were a little disapointed in that the room was a bit dirty. Stains on the floor and garbage in the trash can. Staff was fast and helpful. Breakfast was average.

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Address: 7051 McCucheon Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Location: United States > Tennessee > Chattanooga
#9 Romantic Hotel in Chattanooga
#22 Business Hotel in Chattanooga
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall 2.5*
The Country Inn & Suites Chattanooga Hotel at Hamilton Place Mall provides fresh decor, comfortable suites and a welcoming atmosphere for business and leisure travelers alike. Country Suites offers premium amenities like free high-speed Internet access, two pools and a Fitness Center to make guests feel right at home. Our hotel near Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (CHA) is also convenient to exciting shopping and excellent restaurants, making it the ideal home base for exploring the area.This hotel in Chattanooga is an all-suite property featuring modern décor that makes guests feel comfortable and relaxed. All of our suites feature separate living and sleeping areas, 32" flat-panel HDTV's, large business desks, complimentary high-speed Internet access and more.Our indoor pool and our fitness center will be undergoing renovations beginning July 15, and are expected to be out of service until the end of August. The outdoor pool will be in full service through this time. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Carlson, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga At Hamilton Place Mall Hotel Chattanooga
Country Hotel By Carlson
Country Inn Chattanooga

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.