“La Quinta: Good honest hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Ocala, Florida
“La Quinta: Good honest hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We were on our way back from Ohio and we'd planned to stop in Chattanooga to see some sights before we went home. Now, honestly, I've slept in some really bad dives, and so long as the beds aren't buggy and there's not too many roaches, I don't care. However, if I'm shopping for a breakfast-serving place to lay my head, I do prefer a hot breakfast, with some form of heated porkfat (sausage or bacon) so that I my give my daily offering to the Pork Ghodz in peace, before I have to get in the vehicle and drive.

With that said, I came to this La Quinta because it had a hot breakfast. I came back (unexpected layover in the ChooChoo) because it's just a good, honest and (with a coupon) cheap place to lay your head and feel good in the morning.

The rooms are "room shaped rooms," nothing fancy, and yes, the carpet is older, but this place is convenient to all the attractions up west on I-24, and close to the others. The breakfast is excellent, the sausage actually tasted fried not nuked, and eggs, waffles, cereal and toast and bagels and yogurt...

Can you honestly say that that's not enough selection? Do you keep all this stuff at home for a daily breakfast? To those that complain about "not enough selection" I say "Bah!"

The beds were soft, but not saggy soft, the AC worked well (I like it COLD!!) enough that in the middle of the night I was under the comforter snuggled in like winter.

The breakfast, as mentioned was plentiful, though the coincidental dying of the waffle-iron just as the girl working it was done with the last 2 waffles she was to make seemed suspect.

All in all, a good stay, and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were in Chattanooga with family and friends for the 4th of July weekend. We wanted an inexpensive, yet clean and decent place to stay. La Quinta was both. The staff was friendly, the facility clean and the overall experience very nice. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Our AC never got the room cool. It was tolerable during the night but once up and showering and moving about we were sweating. It was very hot the day we were there and we arrived very late so maybe our AC just could never cool the room. The only cool area was in the lobby on the first floor. The entire hall on the second floor was humid and uncomfortable- all I saw was one AC for the hall and it was located next to the elevator. We decided not to stay a second night as it was unpleasant in the hotel due to the heat and humidity in the room. I think it was 98 degrees outside but I doubt this motel ever feels refreshing when you step inside from the outdoors, except in the lobby. I think the lobby is sort of misleading as to what awaits you in your room. We were facing the west and I think the rooms that overlooked the pool area were probably cooler and much nicer. The rooms overlooking the pool had balconies but they may not put guests with pets in those? The pool area looked nice. The location wasn't really that convenient to anything. The parking lot appeared safe and had familes staying but I just couldn't get pass the damp nasty air in the hallway or my hot room.
The staff was very nice, the breakfast looked like they had more than most, the bathroom had plenty of hot water and the room was clean. However, I will try another pet friendly location if in Chattanooga next time, unless it is during cooler weather.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Great pet friendly hotel. The pet walk area was surprisingly very clean. The location is great for all the downtown attractions however like any large city, use precaution especially at night and lock your car doors. The staff was ok, the lady didnt seem to go above and beyond just kind of had a "whatever" attitude. We stayed on the 5th floor with our dogs. The hallway did have a slight odor but the smell went away when we got to our room. The a/c worked GREAT and the room got very cold! The beds were extremely comfortable with a down-alternative cover and breakfast had both hot and cold items (waffles, cereal, sausage, eggs, bagels, and fruit). The only real down falls were the elevator is on the COMPLETE other side of the hotel from the dog walk area and of course our room was located at the very end of the hallway away from the elevator. So we could either walk the whole distance down the hallway, take the elevator, the walk the whole distance of the hotel to get to the dog walk, or walk up and down 5 flights of stairs. Another down fall is 9am vacuuming and our late checkout request. We requested late checkout online and confirmed it when we checked in. We put a "Do Not Disturb" sign up and sure enough at 10:55am we get a knock knock on the door for housekeeping. Overall a decent price and great for people traveling with pets.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Based on trip advisor reviews we decided on this location rather than the location nearer the mall and more out of town. We felt very uneasy as we pulled in; it's downtown but not in a good area. Our room was 222. The air conditioner rattled and only had one temp...freezing cold or off. The a/c unit leaked and the floor and window curtains near the unit were soaked and the room smelled of mildew. The stains in the carpet were bad....they needed to be steam cleaned or the carpet needs to be replaced. The carpet had not been vacuumed; we found plastic clothing tags and other various creepy things all over the floor. It's the only hotel I've never felt comfortable walking barefoot in. There was a sign on the bathroom indicating we shouldn't use the shower before 6pm since it had been freshly grouted. The housekeeping staff hadn't cleaned the shower; old soap and hair still there from previous guests. Ice bucket still had melted water from previous guests. There were hairs in the bed so I slept between the sheets and comforter. Sadly not a good La Quinta experience for a long time La Quinta traveler!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montgomery
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The room was very clean, and the beds were so comfortable!! There was plenty of space to put suitcases, and there is a microwave and fridge in the room. The bathroom was very clean and well lit. My 7 yr old enjoyed the pool, which was clean and was a decent sized pool. A breakfast bar is included from 6a - 9a. It was fairly simple...muffins,donuts, cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, and a waffle maker...but good. The staff went out of their way to be friendly. There was a music festival in town, and I overheard them say all the rooms were booked, and though I could tell they were running to keep up with the pace, everyone was friendly. Even the man cleaning around the pool, when my daughter told him I went to go get a towel and I came out empty handed because the front desk was busy at that time...he stopped what he was doing and got me a towel, even after I told him it wasn't necessary. This hotel is located next to I-24, which is nice because I found Chattanooga to be a confusing place to get around with all those one way streets, but it was simple to find the hotel from the interstate, and its a short drive to downtown.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I arrived approximately 2 weeks ago to the wonderful city of Chattanooga. Although the weather did not cooperate, the hospitality of the city and hotel made it a great experience. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and even asked us how everything was when she saw us come down 15 minutes later. The young man on the desk in the evening gave us perfect directions to the attractions and meal ideas. he even called a taxi for us. The young lady working the desk at night was very friendly upon our late night enjoying the town and smiled like she really enjoyed working there. The pool was open but due to the weather we were not able to swim in it but it looked really nice. The only two negatives that we had during our stay was the woman running the breakfast seemed VERY uninterested in her job. I personally did not talk to her but I did hear her say something in a rude manner to one of the other patrons in the lobby. That and when I saw one of the housekeepers in the hall, I asked for extra towels and she could not speak english. I asked another and she could not speak english either. Small issues to an otherwise remarkable stay. I will definitely recommend and will definitely be back. Thanks again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!