“Comfortable room, friendly staff who are anxious to please. We will return.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Central Florida
“Comfortable room, friendly staff who are anxious to please. We will return.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

We chose this motel because it was pet friendly, offered a complimentary breakfast and had both a refrigerator and microwave in each room. After a long day's drive, it was very nice to be greeted by a friendly front desk employee. During our two night stay, we had a health issue and the staff was quick to help us, including the offer of moving to an ADA room. Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of hot and cold items. Our visit to Chattanooga was to witness the Legendary Delta Queen's arrival. The motel was within minutes of Ross Landing and only a few minutes more to the North Shore. We have already made a reservation to return.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
cleveland, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

Kind of a surprise of a hotel. Nice rooms, clean alright beds except the bed frame was very loose and as adults it’s not too hard to figure out why. Someone has had ALOT of fun in that bed. La Quinta likes travelers with pets and they have a dog run. The front desk new very little about the city or nearby food or restaurants so don't depend on them for much city information. It’s a great place to stop over night when you are driving through. Price was excellent. Please note: this hotel is kind of hidden, not easy to find or get to. Good luck!

• Liked — CLean
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I think this La Quinta was a nice, clean, friendly, cheap hotel. It was not the best place I have stayed, but for the price we paid it was a great deal. The breakfast provided was good and there was plenty of room to sit and take our time to eat. The only problem we had in the room was that the surface on the bathtub was pealing. This didn't hurt us or make us feel that the room was dirty, just that the tub needs a face lift. The room and bed was very clean. The room was not the biggest but once again for the price it was great. We stayed here to be close to the aquarium but not so close that we had to pay $100+.

• Liked — Clean and cheap
  • Disliked — chipped paint in tub
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
El Ejido, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

We stayed here for three days two nights and it was fine. It is right off the highway ( exit 178 I think ) and located 5 minutes away from the Aquarium and ten or fifteen from the other sights we wanted to see ( Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, etc.. ) The room was spacious and clean and so was the bathroom. The beds were big and comfy and the air conditioning worked great. The pool was freezing but you can´t have it all! It cost us 85 dollars a night and I think it was reasonable. The woman at the reception desk was helpful and they gave us a nice map of the area and answered all our questions. Breakfast was good, nice assortment and my kids loved the waffle machines. All in all I think it was a good deal for the money.
Only one bad point. When we went to leave the room, we had to wait like 5 or ten minutes for the door to lock. I commented this to the receptionist but it happened the next day as well.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

I had the sad misfortune to stay one night at this hotel. The hotel was marginally clean. The elevators smelled and were quite hot. The staff, assistant manager and manager/owner have to be the most inconsiderate and unhelpful Ipeople I have ever encountered in all of my travels. Two hours after checking out of the hotel, I realized I had left my very expensive down pillow. I called the front desk and after much persuading one of the staff members went to room I had occupied and my pillow was found . I asked that it be left at the front desk for my sister to pick up. She came to the hotel on 2 occasions and both times the staff, manager/owner (Rajeev) and assistant manager (Mimi) could not find my pillow. After numerous unsuccessful calls to the hotel, I contacted La Quinta Inn Guest Services. I was informed that the hotel was privately owned by Rajeev and this hotel was not held to any standards by La Quinta Inn Corporation. I assure you, I will never stay at a La Quinta Inn again. I think it is very unfortunate that La Quinta Inn Corporation does not set standards as well as accountability for its inn's owners.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Dishonesty of the staff, assistant manager, and manager/owner
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lq6222gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, November 12, 2008
In response to this review, as manager I was informed of a missing pillow at the time the guest's sister came to the hotel to pick it up. I had no prior information to this date. I myself went to locate said pillow and it was not in our lost and found collection that is housed in our housekeeping facility. It is unfortunate that this guest lost one of her possessions, however to my knowledge we did everything in our power to help the guest. We still do not know who told her we had her pillow. We have always been complimented on our service to our guests and I feel that the loss of this person's material possession influenced her comments. Being that it was such a valuable item, I would hope she would take better care to make sure it was with her when she left the hotel. There are several guests that will attest to the fact that if something is left behind, I personally make a trip to the post office to mail it back or hold it in my possession until it is retrieved by the guest. We hope you will not allow this guest's comments to deter you from giving our hotel a try as you will discover a very friendly and helpful staff and very comfortable accomodations at a great value.

Rajeev Desai
Newnan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

Room completely updated. Very clean. Motel is being renovated Still look rough on outside. A lot nicer inside. Friendly staff. Close to everything. Just off I-24

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — renovations in progress
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Clayton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

We stayed there 3 nights while sightseeing in Chattanooga and Lookout Mountain. The room was clean and everything worked. A good value for the money and the location made it easy to get downtown and everywhere we wanted to go.

Stayed January 2008

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!