“Run down building, comfy clean rooms and good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Run down building, comfy clean rooms and good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The building itself is a bit rundown on the inside, especially the halls and elevators but the pool and rooms were really outstanding for the price. Very clean and newly renovated, and very conveniently located to lookout mountain and plenty of restaurants. I would recommend to travelers on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. As with all hotel renovations, we start with the guest rooms. When the rooms are finished we move to hallways and lobby. The outside is always last. Renovation is a messy and labor intensive undertaking for a hotel. We have tried to make it as easy as possible on our guests. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will come back to the LaQuinta Inn in the future.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I reserved a room for a couple nights, not knowing the hotel was under renovation (why would they disclose that?). After reading such negative reviews, I wanted to make sure I got a room that was renovated. Upon calling, they told me they were unable to guarantee me a renovated room. I cancelled my reservations, and they didn't seem to mind at all. Not very accomodating.

Room Tip: 5th and 4th floors are renovated, but you cannot request them. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apology for the reservation process. Although we have many renovated rooms, we are constantly booking reservations. We can't guarantee a renovated room but do everything we can to put our guests in one. Our front desk has received many compliments from guests who have stayed with us, so I don't know who you spoke with. I am very sorry for the way you were made to feel, and I can assure you we do care. Please call me direct should you ever come back to Chattanooga and I will personally take care of your reservation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The LaQuinta Hotel near downtown Chattanooga is allegedly "under renovation" but the evidence around this decaying, sad old remnant of a once-proud chain is just not there. Ancient elevators laboriously drag you to the top floor where the new, renovated rooms are located. New door-locks work okay but the door sticks and is difficult to open. The shower head was not installed properly and the exhaust fan switch was wired backward so that you had to place the switch in the off position to make it work. Electric outlet plates are not secured to the walls and could present a hazard for travelers with small children. The neighborhood is run-down and prompts you to consider security. The breakfast is pathetic.... The Tennessee state and local taxes will add an unpleasant surprise to your bill... Run away...

Room Tip: Choose a good room in another hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Please except my sincerest apology for the issues you encountered during your stay. It is because of the issues that you encountered that we are renovating the hotel. It takes a lot time to renovate 103 rooms but we are making great progress. We are at the edge of town which is more industrial. I can only say that we are very sorry and hope that you would revisit once the entire renovation is completed.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just underwent renovations and they have a great job. Very clean and friendly. Beds are great and so is the breakfast. Best hotel I have ever stayed at that's in our price range. Very happy with what we got for our money.
We will be back in September.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit.

Thanks again,

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My two children and I arrived at 8:30 PM and the drive in was interesting and caused me to lock our doors. Upon arriving in the parking lot the homeless people loitering in the parking lot were intimidating and I decided to not get out of the car with my kids due to safety concerns. The view of the windows and rooms showed shabby conditions and the parking lot was poorly lit in areas. I was extremely disappointed and decided to take my business elsewhere as upon waiting in the car only to find more questionable characters arriving. I do not feel being approached by homeless people in my hotel reservation parking lot is a safe way to begin my stay in Chattanooga, I think they should make their pictures accurate of the property and hire security to keep the parking lot safe and secure for their patrons. We left and went to the downtown Marriot and for $30 more had a pleasurable experience! Laquinta charged me the full room rate which I am not disputing. Do NOT waste your time staying here. I will update this to say they refunded me if they are kind enough to honor my request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am so very sorry that you were uncomfortable upon your arrival to the hotel. As you would not have known, we have quite a few contractors coming and going from the hotel at all hours of the day and night as we are in the midst of a full scale renovation. We do have night security but was not in the area as the contractors go outside for breaks. We have never had a gathering of homeless people in our parking lots. We have security to run off anyone who doesn't belong or call the police to have them removed. Again I do apologize for the scare but I assure you these were contractors as we have security that walks the perimeters.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!