“Great value for location and quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value for location and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very close to DT and look out mountain and interstates etc. making moving on very easy but also easy to find and is a great hotel with everything you need for a great price. Definatley would recommend staying here.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Chattanooga.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Let me start this review off by saying that I have stayed at more than 20 LQ's across the country in the last year alone and this one is by far the WORST I have ever stayed at. I am a HUGE LQ advocate and tell every single one of my friends and family members of my great experiences, pet friendliness, free breakfast, etc but this one really makes my skin crawl.

First thing; not an easy place off the highway. Usually there are great signs and easy access but this one is pretty confusing and the roads (I know, not their fault) are confusing and a little scary.

Second thing: I always get dinner before checking in so I do not have to leave again once I am in the room. This hotel is not situated near anything. I had to drive about 10 minutes to find something appealing (no, I am not picky...I travel for a living, I will eat anything!)

Third thing: The hotel is 100% smoking free...hahahaha. The guy who checked me in smelled more like an ashtray than an actual ashtray. I could smell this guy from 20 feet away. I have asthma, so not only is it nauseating but it makes me grasp for my inhaler. Yuck.

Fourth thing: The hotel is is really bad shape. The building is OLD and although I can see bins out front with pieces of drywall, etc around...I can't see any major improvement areas. The hallways are in terrible shape...See pictures. Stains on the hallway carpet every 2 feet and the walls are concaved in some areas with scratches, scuffs and markings.

Fifth thing and most important: The rooms. Oh, my eyes were so sad to walk into this room after 9 hours of driving. The rooms are tiny. The bed literally took up the entire space of the room with about 2-3 feet of wallspace on either side. The carpet is stained badly. The walls are scratched and have stains on them. The furniture is dreadful. The bed dipped in the middle. Bathroom was tiny and the toilet kept running ALL NIGHT. The TV had issues with no sound or closed captioning on some channels. This is not an unusual complaint, but the sound was amplified for some reason here...the other peoples door closing was extremely loud (sounded like slamming every time). Stains on comforter that looked like old blood droplets

Sixth thing: The internet was extremely bad. Before you optimists say, "there is a work area downstairs"...that business center has extremely slow internet as well. I have to be on the road a LOT for work and getting my paperwork done at night through emails is imperative to my work...this hotel made it impossible for me to open anything, much less fill out forms or send an email.

Seventh thing: the area. Lots of randoms walking around the hotel. When I had already pulled in to check in, I was in my car getting my navigation off, purse ready, etc when I heard a commotion. I looked outside to see a guy who was jaywalking almost get hit by a car. The guy jaywalking was definitely at fault since he came from behind a wall and kind of ran out too fast so the guy in the car told him he should use the crosswalk. Some profanity and yelling later...a line of angry people in backed up cars were joining in the orchestra. I saw some people just sitting in their cars in the back of the parking lot...not completely unusual but it made me beep my alarm 2x instead of just once.

All in all...I will never, ever stay at this hotel again and I will probably lodge a complaint since I am using my return points to stay here and I am not happy I wasted them on this.

Solo, female, business, one dog, one night on a wednesday.

Room Tip: I had 209. I had a view of the parking lot. hoo-ray
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. If you are driving at night, it can get confusing. We did not have anything to do with one way streets coming off the exit ramp. We are not within walking distance, but most all downtown restuarants are within a 5 mile radius. The hotel is 100% non smoking, however, we do have employees that smoke. We are currently in the middle of a renovation process doing it floor by floor. The 5th floor is complete and the 4th floor is about complete which includes, new paint, new carpet, new bedding, and new furniture. I am sorry that you were not able to stay in one of the renovated rooms. We do have night security that walks the perimeter of the hotel. I do hope that you will try us again. I will personally see to it that you are in a renovated room.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night of the Elton John concert on March 23 2013. The staff was extremely helpful, aiding me with getting an extension cord for me and my wife's CPAP machines (Used because of Sleep Apnea). Although the building is a little dated (they are currently updating it now), it was extremely clean, well maintained, and located conveniently close to downtown Chattanooga. This La Quinta also served a free hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and the normal rolls and bagels, as well as fruit juices. You cannot beat the value with this hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I hope you will stay with us again and enjoy our new renovation.

Carollton, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well you get what you pay for !!!! Where do I begin. This place is in a weird location off the interstate. We could not get the air to work or the hot water with low water pressure. The worst part was we were awaken at 4:00 am this morning with LOUD DRUNKS or STAFF not sure which yelling and screaming in the room next to us. We tried several times to call the front desk, apparently they don't answer the phone. My husband had to get dressed to go to the front desk and complain. They did call the room and we were so frustrated and angry we just left at 4:30 am! I do not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and enjoy your stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I do apologize for the noise you encountered. I hope you can understand that we do not control our guests behaviors. In checking, the desk Clerk had gone to the restroom, but was at fault for not having the phones covered. We address every issue that we can, but I assure you it was not my staff that was drinking and creating noise. We have security cameras throughout the hotel and I do apologize again for the noise, but there is not a lot that we can do when a guest continues bad behavior.

Snellville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn Chattanooga downtown location as part of a girl’s trip for President’s Day Weekend. Our stay there was pleasant. We booked through Hotwire, so did not know which hotel we were getting until payment was submitted. I hoping to book a hotel that was on the shuttle line, so we could just utilize the shuttle instead of paying for parking. La Quinta is right off of the freeway exit, and a few exits from downtown. I am sure you could travel the surface streets, but GPS had me using the freeway for all travels. Also, the location made it easy to access other Chattanooga locations such as the mall.

There was a sign in the lobby that mentioned renovations, however, I didn’t notice any construction. We checked into a room with a spacious king sized bed on the 2nd floor (See note about booking through Hotwire). The bed was extremely comfortable, and we had plenty of pillows. The rooms seem recently updated. It came with a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was nice, and extremely clean. However, it you are staying more than one night, you will have to request turnover service. Housekeeping will not come in to make up the beds, empty the trash, or replace towels if needed because we were staying multiple nights. So if you want this, make sure to inform the front desk, or call down there.

The hotel serves the typical hot breakfast of make your own waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs (the hockey puck shaped kind) biscuits, pastries, bread products, fruit, juices, and coffee/tea. One thing I always noticed is the hotels usually only have one waffle iron, which is awful when there is a crowd. Fortunately, they had two waffle irons, so there was little to no wait for waffles. Tea and coffee is available all day.

It was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but it was a looking size. Also, they had grills outside for customer use. My friend insisted we work out during our trip, so we went down to the workout room. It was spacious, with multiple treadmills and elliptical machines. It’s bilateral with a couple of stairs, and each level had a television. There was a water cooler that was missing the water jug. My friend enjoyed her workout. I went back upstairs to enjoy the cable and premium movie channels.

We enjoyed our stay as the staff was friendly. As too females, we did not feel unsafe at all. We would stay there again.

Hotwire note: Hotwire guarantees to the room will sleep the number of people included in the search. I indicated two people and wound up with a king sized bed. Because of the busy weekend, we could not change rooms, and Hotwire is nonrefundable. So if you are booking through Hotwire, and want to ensure that the room is a double, then indicate that 3 or more people are traveling.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Chattanooga. You will love our new renovated rooms.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived here, and were immediately skeptical of the area. We walked into the hotel, and were even more skeptical.
The walls are dirty. The carpet is dirty. We wouldn't even walk in our room without socks on.
The staff was nice. I'll give them that. The desk staff was very accommodating, as was the breakfast attendant. No problems whatsoever there. However, it seemed that there were some guys there just "hanging out" in the lobby area with the desk guy. Not sure what they were doing. Not sure if they were maintenance people or what. Young guys. No identifying badges or anything. Just sitting on the couch/chair area just beyond the desk. But if they were part of the maintenance staff, put a can of paint in their hand, and put them to work on touch up. All it takes is EFFORT.
Breakfast was fine. The guy attending the breakfast area was helpful, and courteous. He is to be commended for his work there.
The desk guy said that the carpet was being replaced in the hotel, and that the hotel was under renovation. Once this phase is complete, maybe it will be better, but until then,find another propoerty to stay at.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms. You don't want one of the others. Trust me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are currently finishing up the 4th floor on our renovations. The hotel public areas are cleaned daily, but touchups on painted walls are done weekly. Guests luggage scrape our walls and it is very difficult to keep painted especially when all maintenance staff is assisting the renovation process. Each room has new paint, new carpet, new furniture, new bedding, new door locks, new TVs. I do hope you will try us again as I am sure, you will not be disappointed.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was in a bad part of town so we didn't feel safe. The towels smelled weird and were beginning to fall apart. The tub faucet was falling off the wall and there were clearly many places where mold had been painted over. Of the few TV channels they offered, many were fuzzy. Our view was of the pool that was full of green algae.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room not facing the highway for noise level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I would like to address your issues. We are in a safe part of town. I have been here a year with not a single occurance. As a downtown hotel, we encounter an occasional homeless person, but we do not allow them on property. Maintence should have taken care of the the tub faucet, and this has been addressed. We are putting in new Flat panel LCD TVs which should correct the cable connection issue. Our pool is drained every 3rd week of April, painted, then refilled to open in May. There is nothing that we can do about the green in the water until that time. We are under full renovation, so I hope you will try us again. You will not be disappointed.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!