“Go somewhere else!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #50 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
“Go somewhere else!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived here, and were immediately skeptical of the area. We walked into the hotel, and were even more skeptical.
The walls are dirty. The carpet is dirty. We wouldn't even walk in our room without socks on.
The staff was nice. I'll give them that. The desk staff was very accommodating, as was the breakfast attendant. No problems whatsoever there. However, it seemed that there were some guys there just "hanging out" in the lobby area with the desk guy. Not sure what they were doing. Not sure if they were maintenance people or what. Young guys. No identifying badges or anything. Just sitting on the couch/chair area just beyond the desk. But if they were part of the maintenance staff, put a can of paint in their hand, and put them to work on touch up. All it takes is EFFORT.
Breakfast was fine. The guy attending the breakfast area was helpful, and courteous. He is to be commended for his work there.
The desk guy said that the carpet was being replaced in the hotel, and that the hotel was under renovation. Once this phase is complete, maybe it will be better, but until then,find another propoerty to stay at.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms. You don't want one of the others. Trust me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are currently finishing up the 4th floor on our renovations. The hotel public areas are cleaned daily, but touchups on painted walls are done weekly. Guests luggage scrape our walls and it is very difficult to keep painted especially when all maintenance staff is assisting the renovation process. Each room has new paint, new carpet, new furniture, new bedding, new door locks, new TVs. I do hope you will try us again as I am sure, you will not be disappointed.

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was in a bad part of town so we didn't feel safe. The towels smelled weird and were beginning to fall apart. The tub faucet was falling off the wall and there were clearly many places where mold had been painted over. Of the few TV channels they offered, many were fuzzy. Our view was of the pool that was full of green algae.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room not facing the highway for noise level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I would like to address your issues. We are in a safe part of town. I have been here a year with not a single occurance. As a downtown hotel, we encounter an occasional homeless person, but we do not allow them on property. Maintence should have taken care of the the tub faucet, and this has been addressed. We are putting in new Flat panel LCD TVs which should correct the cable connection issue. Our pool is drained every 3rd week of April, painted, then refilled to open in May. There is nothing that we can do about the green in the water until that time. We are under full renovation, so I hope you will try us again. You will not be disappointed.

Silver Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was greeted by a very friendly hotel professional and checked in in less than a minute. The staff was very helpful with suggesting places to eat and cocktails. My wife and I would stay there again. By the way renovation is happening there and we look forward to staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. We are finishing up the 4th floor which gives us two fully renovated floors. I do hope you will stay with us again and enjoy our new look!

Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Short: The staff was not up to typical La Quinta standards. One employee, particularly, made for a couple of uncomfortable situations. The location is ALMOST great. Very close to downtown activities, but the block surrounding the hotel seemed sketchy. We drove a couple blocks north, parked, and walked around most of the night. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was generous and well-stocked. We will return for another stay.

The Long: Upon checking in, we requested a late check out. The gentleman working with me asked what time we would like. Instead of noon, I asked to have until 2:00pm. Before he could respond, a young woman with her back toward us said "we can do 1:00pm". The tone of her voice was harsh. We graciously agreed to the one extra hour and continued our check in. Our room was spacious and clean. We put down some blankets for the dogs and we were all settled in. The bathroom was clean, adequately-sized, with a shower strong enough to make you feel like it did something. Our ground-floor room was quiet and comfortable. It was a good night's rest. The Bright Side Breakfast provided the next morning was quite generous. The staff worked hard to keep the food choices stocked up. It was a satisfying meal that got us through to lunch. We set out for a morning of exploring Chattanooga. We returned to the hotel at about 12:30. We found a plate of warm cookies waiting for guests in the lobby. We were also "greeted" by the same young woman from the front desk the previous day. She brashly approached us saying "are you checking out today?". We reminded her that we had asked for a late checkout and that she had generously offered us an extra hour. She said she was not aware of our late check out. It appears the note she wrote herself was not delivered. We packed up and were ready to go, shortly before 1:00pm. We checked out with no problems. We will stay again, primarily because of the location and of La Quinta's realistic pet welcoming policy. With the noted exception of the one young woman, the staff we worked with was quite friendly, welcoming, and professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing your issues to my attention. Unfortunately we are training new front desk agents, and sometimes we have to also train them in customer service. I am so very sorry for the mix up and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Schererville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel is the staff were great. The hotel is difficult to find and when you find it the neighbor leaves a lot to be desired. I was traveling alone and arriving late in the evening and definitely did not feel confortable. The bed was hard as a rock and felt like it was a platform bed. The room elevator, hallways and rooms have definitely seen better days. The hotel was as clean as it could be under well warn conditions. There is absolutely no soundproofing in this hotel. I heard every workman that left and every door that opened and closed. I left as early as I could. Would not stay there again under any circumstances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We are in the process of a full renovation which includes new bedding. New carpet and paint throughout the hotel in rooms and hallways. I am sorry for the noise as we have many contractors working on the hotel. I can assure you that we are in a safe area of Chattanooga as I have worked here a year with no incident. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and I will personally make sure that you are in a renovated room.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel due to its convenient downtown location and the cost. I had read some of the reviews online in advance and knew that the hotel was undergoing renovations. With that said, I requested a room on the 5th floor when I reserved (as I knew these rooms were already renovated). When I checked in I was placed on the third floor in an unrenovated room. The room was fair, no major issues to address. The bathtub did not have a stopper and the tv reception was terrible. Literally, over half of the channels were not viewable due to the 'fuzziness'. The worst part of the hotel was the fitness center. Understanding that hotel fitness centers are very limited I was not expecting much. But when I walked in there were 2 treadmills (1 was broken and the other was very old), 1 elyptical and some medicine balls. A suggestion to the hotel is to buy a universal machine or at least some dumbbells for the center. If I was staying here more that 1 night this would have been an issue.

Overall, not a bad stay for the price, but definitely still have some work to do.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. You will pleased to know that the Fitness Center will be updated with new equipment as part of our renovation. Once all the guest rooms are done, we will be working on the lobby, fitness area and our public areas. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Austintown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently had to travel for a memorial service for a loved one who passed. It was a VERY unexpected event, with travel plans being made on the fly. I booked the La Quinta the day before I left. After an 11 hour drive, all I wanted to do was lay down on a clean bed, in a quiet room. This hotel was perfect for that purpose. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The coffee was superb at the continental breakfast. Most importantly, the housekeeping staff respected the Do Not Disturb sign.

Pros: Very friendly staff, clean room, good coffee.
Cons: Neighborhood seemed a little sketchy, bed was pretty firm but that is just personal taste.

Given the nature of the trip, I am glad to have had a sold place to stay that didn't present any added issues. Thank you to the staff of La Quinta Chattanooga.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for chosing the LaQuinta for your stay and please accept my sincerest apology for your loss. We are in the process of great renovations and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please give me a call anytime you visit Chattanooga again and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!