Sorry, I cannot agree with a couple of recent reviews. As of January, 2013, this place is old and nasty. When I pulled into the parking lot, guys were hoisting mattresses out of a container. I asked the desk clerk for one of the renovated rooms and he said, "you don't want that, none of them are ready yet". Instead he put me in a small room with filthy carpet, old, dinged furniture, and intermittent internet.
There was a guy sitting in a Mercedes with the lights on near the entrance when I came in and an hour later, he was still there. I called the front desk to see if they had a safe I could put a knapsack of electronic gear in and he said no. I mentioned my concern about the Mercedes and he said an attractive, well dressed woman came out of the hotel and got into that car. Sure enough, it was gone. Very odd.
When I got back from dinner, I couldn't send email and there was a party going on in the next room with three dudes and girl. I could hear the rap music and their voices as if I was sitting with them. After insisting he was getting "four bars" on his phone, the desk guy reset the Internet anyway and I managed to get three emails out before it seized again. At 10:30 pm, the room phone rang while I was in the bathroom. By the time I got to it, it had stopped. I called down to the desk and asked what they wanted. A woman answered and said, "I didn't call you," and hung up. I called back to say she shouldn't have hung up on me because I had something else to discuss but she hung up again before I could finish the sentence. I called back down and the phone rang for about three minutes before the guy picked up. I asked what was going on. He said they were getting a lot of calls (at 10:30?) and I told him the party next door was getting louder and I wasn't going to be able to sleep. He said he would "call security" but no one ever showed up. I got my earplugs and made the best of it.
That was enough for me. I was booked for two nights so I asked if I could cancel the second night. He said, "No, I don't think so". I asked him to repeat himself and he said, "Uh, well, you can't -- unless you want to." At this point I started looking around for the reality show hidden cameras but there weren't any.
Paper thin walls, black tarry marks on all the carpets, dings and gouges in old furniture and elevators, a subtle and constant smell of stinky feet masked by sweet antiseptic deodorizer, and all in a dilapidated area with an adult book store at the corner - this place is not professional and not up to La Quinta standards. You may have to stay further from downtown, but there are alternatives a few miles further out along the highway that are vastly better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 1 mile from downtown, the La Quinta Inn Chattanooga is centrally located near Chattanooga's premier attractions on Lookout Mountain with easy and convenient access to and from the hotel via all major thoroughfares. We are in the process of an extensive renovation for our rooms, making us the most affordable and newly renovated hotel on the block with an all-interior corridor hotel with 2 elevators and handicap accessible rooms. Soak in our beautifully landscaped outdoor pool area with views of Lookout Mountain. We also offer our guests the use of our Courtyard area which includes two large gas grills and picnic tables for your family get togethers. We offer a complimentary breakfast buffet, wi-fi, guest laundry, fitness area, and parking. We are a pet friendly hotel at no charge to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn Chattanooga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Chattanooga
- Chattanooga La Quinta