“Not Good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #50 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sorry, I cannot agree with a couple of recent reviews. As of January, 2013, this place is old and nasty. When I pulled into the parking lot, guys were hoisting mattresses out of a container. I asked the desk clerk for one of the renovated rooms and he said, "you don't want that, none of them are ready yet". Instead he put me in a small room with filthy carpet, old, dinged furniture, and intermittent internet.

There was a guy sitting in a Mercedes with the lights on near the entrance when I came in and an hour later, he was still there. I called the front desk to see if they had a safe I could put a knapsack of electronic gear in and he said no. I mentioned my concern about the Mercedes and he said an attractive, well dressed woman came out of the hotel and got into that car. Sure enough, it was gone. Very odd.

When I got back from dinner, I couldn't send email and there was a party going on in the next room with three dudes and girl. I could hear the rap music and their voices as if I was sitting with them. After insisting he was getting "four bars" on his phone, the desk guy reset the Internet anyway and I managed to get three emails out before it seized again. At 10:30 pm, the room phone rang while I was in the bathroom. By the time I got to it, it had stopped. I called down to the desk and asked what they wanted. A woman answered and said, "I didn't call you," and hung up. I called back to say she shouldn't have hung up on me because I had something else to discuss but she hung up again before I could finish the sentence. I called back down and the phone rang for about three minutes before the guy picked up. I asked what was going on. He said they were getting a lot of calls (at 10:30?) and I told him the party next door was getting louder and I wasn't going to be able to sleep. He said he would "call security" but no one ever showed up. I got my earplugs and made the best of it.

That was enough for me. I was booked for two nights so I asked if I could cancel the second night. He said, "No, I don't think so". I asked him to repeat himself and he said, "Uh, well, you can't -- unless you want to." At this point I started looking around for the reality show hidden cameras but there weren't any.

Paper thin walls, black tarry marks on all the carpets, dings and gouges in old furniture and elevators, a subtle and constant smell of stinky feet masked by sweet antiseptic deodorizer, and all in a dilapidated area with an adult book store at the corner - this place is not professional and not up to La Quinta standards. You may have to stay further from downtown, but there are alternatives a few miles further out along the highway that are vastly better.

Room Tip: Try the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn just outside of town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a ok motel,nothing fancy but clean,close to downtown was reason for choosing as all motels downtown were booked.The only downside was breakfast was average but you get what you pay for,so no real complaints,good access to I 24.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your comments and are in the process of a renovation. We will look at updating our breakfast as well. I hope you will try us again to see the new look.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not originally a La Quinta, they are redoing the hotel from the top floor to the bottom. The staff was very kind and helpful. Even the request for only one key and extra coffee for the room, was met with the wish to please a guest. I felt totally at home, even though I had a room that was not redone. I can't wait to go back and see the improvements.

Room Tip: Third floor, far end had no heavy curtain to block the security light outside, but another room was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We can't wait for you to see the upgrades. They are moving brand new bedding and furniture to the 5th floor that has already been renovated and we are starting on the 4th floor this week. I know that you will love our new look.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel room was just as we expected. He were in one of the remodeled rooms and it was very nice and clean. We did not have any issues at all and would recommend this hotel to family and friends. The only suggestion would be to allow access to side doors for guests to make getting luggage to room a little easier depending on where your room is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the wonderful review. The side doors are to be unlocked from 8am until 8pm. I apologize that someone left them locked. I do hope you will visit us again in the future to see our new look.

Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel when driving from Ohio to Florida with my dog. The main reason I stayed here was because they allowed pets at no additional charge and it was fairly close to downtown (not walking distance but an extremely short drive). When I was checking in they asked if I had a dog...I think this was to determine where to put me. I'm pretty sure they put everyone that had a dog on the same floor. Despite the 'no pets unattended' policy the room next to us had definitely left their dog in the room and it barked/whined the majority of the time they were gone. The walls are thin and the carpet was definitely in need of serious cleaning/replacement. Aside from that the room was good size, the bed was comfortable, there were plenty of towels and amenities (fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron, etc.) and it was clean in general. I would only stay here again if traveling with a dog for a short trip. Our dog is quiet so it was annoying to hear the other dogs barking and whining.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, request to be on a floor without them!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. I own a dog myself and she never whines or cries. I know it can be annoying, but all pets are not the same. We are keeping pets on the first and second floors as to keep owners from bringing pets down the elevators. We do have guests that do not like pets or have pet allergies that complain about pet oders. We are renovating every room in the hotel, so I do hope you will visit again as I know you will love the new look.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!