“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Gainesville, Florida
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel when driving from Ohio to Florida with my dog. The main reason I stayed here was because they allowed pets at no additional charge and it was fairly close to downtown (not walking distance but an extremely short drive). When I was checking in they asked if I had a dog...I think this was to determine where to put me. I'm pretty sure they put everyone that had a dog on the same floor. Despite the 'no pets unattended' policy the room next to us had definitely left their dog in the room and it barked/whined the majority of the time they were gone. The walls are thin and the carpet was definitely in need of serious cleaning/replacement. Aside from that the room was good size, the bed was comfortable, there were plenty of towels and amenities (fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron, etc.) and it was clean in general. I would only stay here again if traveling with a dog for a short trip. Our dog is quiet so it was annoying to hear the other dogs barking and whining.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, request to be on a floor without them!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the review. I own a dog myself and she never whines or cries. I know it can be annoying, but all pets are not the same. We are keeping pets on the first and second floors as to keep owners from bringing pets down the elevators. We do have guests that do not like pets or have pet allergies that complain about pet oders. We are renovating every room in the hotel, so I do hope you will visit again as I know you will love the new look.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel was very clean and had a great location. The service received by staff was excellent. Staff members were willing to answer questions and helped describe things to do in the area. They were always very friendly and were constantly aware of the weather situation and were willing to share the information for the safety of the customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the great review. We do hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would definitely give this hotel at least 3.5-4 stars. We got a room on the 5th floor (which was apparently just renovated, the rest are still in progress). The view was nice, the room was very clean. We had a nice down (or fake down) comforter...not like the usual musty, dusty bed covers cheap hotels have. The staff was cordial and we even got a free dinner the night we got in! They were having a manager's reception with free food that night. The room was fairly small, which was perfect for us, but might be too small if you have more than 2 people. It was also close to the main downtown area (5 min drive) as well as Rock City, Ruby Falls, etc. (10 min drive). Would definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling in the next couple months (early 2013), request a newly renovated room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I know you stayed on the the 5th floor, but you did not get the full experience. Today they are moving brand new furniture and bedding to the 5th floor. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future and see the full renovation.

Joshua, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this location traveling from Texas to Virginia. While renovation was currently in progress, we found our room to be very nice. The only thing that had not been updated in our room was the carpet which was dirtier than most but adequate. The new bed was very comfortable and the bath clean. Its location was not ideal as there were no places to eat within walking distance. The beakfast area was spacious and the food typical for a La Quinta which we like. We were looking for a place to crash after a long day on the road. This La Quinta was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the great review. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future. We are in the middle of a massive renovation which includes, paint, carpets, furniture, bedding and new tvs. We are very proud of the way everything is looking and I know you will appreciate our efforts.

GOLDEN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This La Quinta was in poor condition. The room was dirty. The carpet had burn holes in it. The rooms were loud, you could hear people talking through the walls and in the hallway. The location was not safe and the condition of the hotel in general was dingy. The television didn't work at all. When I tried to call the front desk (several times) no one ever answered. I wold not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered on your stay with us. We are going through some retraining processes and hotel renovations. I have worked here for a little over a year and have never felt unsafe. We have security personel that walk the perimeter as well as security cameras at every entrance and exit. We are right off an exit ramp and there are not many companies to the left , but quite a few on the right side of the hote. I implore you stay with us again in the future as I know you will love our new rooms. Ask for me and I would be happy to discount the room as a Thank you for trying us agin.

Lebanon, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the way back home from our Florida trip. We choose this because it advertised newly updated. Well not so much....When we entered the room we noticed that it just did not have a pleasant appearance, the shower rod was loose and almost falling off the wall, the bathtub had been painted and now peeling, the sink vanity was coming apart, the carpet needed to be cleaned, the light by the bed was loose on the wall, and overall the room was just not that appealing. We discussed leaving, but due to a day of hectic driving we asked for another room to try. This one was better put together, but still needed attention. Again the carpet had spots that should have been cleaned. It has newer carpet, why they don't clean it is odd.
The "renovation" really showed a lack to detail from whomever is doing it. i.e. wall trim that was cut way off and filled with caulk to bridge the gap, light fixtures not mounted correctly...
The beds although pillow top, have had better days. I could feel the springs through it and had to move around to find a soft spot.
In the morning my wife and I packed up early to get on the road. Our idea was to get the car packed and have breakfast as soon as they had it put out. Well we got packed a little sooner then we thought so we went into the breakfast area to have some coffee while we waited. I was making my coffee and looked around for a spoon (they had forks and knives out but no spoons), so I asked my wife if she saw any spoons out, Well the front desk clerk that was reading the paper in the eating area "Informed" me that breakfast does not start until 7am. I informed her that I was just looking for a spoon for my coffee, She did not have any response to this as she continued to read her paper.
Of course 5 minutes later she was on her phone as nice as could be calling someone to come on down that they are putting breakfast out !!.....really weird, My wife informs me that we are white and she was black, so it is that reverse discrimination thing...ok ....sure, and the folks that came down were black also. I don't know, but not worth the trouble.
Now the breakfast was actually acceptable, so not everything was bad.
Sooo...save yourself the discomfort of this hotel and staff, and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. We are renovating the hotel with new furniture bedding and carpets among many other amenities. Our staff is being properly trained to put all guests first. I do hope you will try us again and I would be happy to put you in one of our new rooms and discount your stay with us.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel we were informed that it was undergoing some renovation - but it would not affect our stay. I encourage them to get on with it as have seldom stayed in a hotel more in need of an overhaul. Our room was dingy, the carpet stained and the beds were old and less than comfortable. The area is generally unpleasant and whilst it is only six blocks from the Choo-Choo I would not encourage anyone to walk it. The breakfast was OK but at busy times there were insufficient tables and chairs to go round. On the positive side the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If it is really undergoing renovation I would suggest you ask for a room that is finished!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for the review. We are taking a wall out and extending to an atrium for more breakfast seating. I apologize for the lack of seating gor breakfast. We are renovating and replacing furniture and bedding. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future as I know you will love the difference.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!