“Good stay but be cautious of neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Chattanooga

You added La Quinta Inn Chattanooga to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W. 21st Street, I-24 Exit 178, Chattanooga, TN 37408   |
Ranked #49 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Good stay but be cautious of neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The things most important to me were good here: No bugs, decent breakfast, good A/C, room insulated from outside noise, comfy king size bed. Some people might complain that the hotel was dirty, but I personally don't care how many smudges are on the front door or stains are in the hallway outside. Although it is near downtown, I would call it a borderline rough area where I wouldn't walk off the hotel property after dark. However, there are several other hotels in this area since it is convenient to the interstate and Lookout Mountain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We do value our guests comments. We are in a very safe area with small business buildings around and 3 other hotels behinds us. We are in the midst of a rennovation which includes new carpet and paint throughout the hotel. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and I know you will love our new look.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff is very friendly & helpful but it can't make up for the dirty carpet & the amount of mold in the bathroom! First we were given a room that someone was still in (but they gave us another room on the main floor), then a room where the tv had horrible reception (one of the guys that works there fixed it) and the manager got us a flat screen tv. And I am oh so thankful that the jack hammering on the floor above us finally stopped at 5pm (and didn't start back up until 9:30am). I agree with "onintthree" it was not up to La Quinta standard - sad to say but the LQ over by the mall would probably have been a better option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are in the process of a rennovation which will greatly improve each and every room. There is no good time to start a a rennovation, so we do try to work only during daytime hours. I sincerely apologize for the noise, and hope that you will stay with us again.once everything is done.

South Lyon, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The outside of these places is so much nicer then the inside. The carpet was so stained, I didn't want to take off my shoes. The counter space in the bathroom is too small. The tub wouldn't drain so you were standing in several inches of water during your shower. It was a good location in relationship to town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Connie S, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Chattanooga, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value your opinion. We are currently under renovation, replacing carpets,tvs,etc. I do hope the next time you come to Chattanooga, you will stay with us again. You will love our new look.

chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Pros: price with coupon and breakfast

Cons: If this was my first time at a LQ it would be my last. Mold in shower, glad I had my flip flops because the carpet was the worst, security door on the stairwell was always open and where is the flat screen TV?

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important to us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. There is no excuse for mold in a bathroom and I have taken this issue to my housekeeping Department. We are in the midst of a renovation and I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Connie Starnes

Been to La Quinta Inn Chattanooga? Share your experiences!