“disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jackson, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I usually don't post reviews online but my experience with this hotel was so awful that I had to warn people about it. I made a reservation a few days ago and went back today to print a copy of my reservation for my records. Well, the confirmation number I have was not working on the Baymont site, it kept saying reservation not found, so I called the hotel directly. Well, let me tell you the woman I spoke with was the absolute rudest person I have ever dealt with, definitely does not need to be in customer service. Turns out the reservation I reserved online was not available anymore, mind you I had received a confirmation e-mail with number stating what type of hotel room I had booked, and it was no longer available. The RUDE lady told me my room had been upgraded at no extra charge but now I had two queen beds when I had originally booked a king suite. I told her I did not want a room with two queen beds in it. She kept telling me that it didn't matter because I now had a "more expensive room at no cost to me". I told her that wasn't even the point, that the room I booked online should be the one I received. I don't care that I was given a more expensive room, that is not the point. I was never called or contacted by anyone letting me know that my reservation had suddenly been changed to something I didn't want. The whole time this rude lady kept talking over me not letting me get a word in. When I asked to talk to the manager I was sternly told no one was available. I cannot even put in words how extremely rude this lady was, and we had not even gotten to the hotel yet. I have never had such a bad experience with ANY hotel before, I have never felt so disrespected, she clearly does not give a crap about customers. She's supposed to be representing the hotel and this is how she acts and responds to customers. In the end we ended up canceling the hotel all together because to not even arrive at a hotel yet but be treated so disrespectfully and rudely is beyond ridiculous. She cost the hotel a customer and I hope she gets reprimanded for it. Oh, and on top of all that she told me the system online does not update as often as the system directly at the hotel. Then what the heck is the point of having an online system anyway. I have booked several hotels online before and never experienced anything close to this. Be forewarned before you stay at this hotel, I would hate for anyone to be treated as rudely as I was.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recommended by a friend because we had our service dog. All animals are kept on the 4th floor. We only stayed at this hotel one night. We booked thru Expedia. Beware when you book thru these sites that you are charged immediately and in our case Our bank thought it was fraud and cancelled our card. Our problems was ants. We made the manager aware and they said that since we booked thru Expedia that we would have to call them to get a discount of discomfort. I called Expedia and was given a 20% discount and a promise of a $25 voucher to book thru them again(I have not gotten this). Would I stay here again. Probably not because when Expedia called them they had no record of the incident! We were told that the room would be fumigated before it would be rented again.

Room Tip: Get everything in writing if you are promised something!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Chattanooga? Share your experiences!