“Really Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Decatur, AL
“Really Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

The hotel is in a super location for walking to [almost] everything a family would enjoy. The room was clean and large, with a balcony looking over the river. The beds were OK, but not super comfortable, and the bathroom/sink were utilitarian at best. Still, overall, it was a nice place to stay, and the staff were great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Location and rooms make this a top choice for downtown. The Aquarium is right across the street and some rooms offer views of it. Our room had a whirlpool in a huge impressive bathroom. It was clean, spacious and comfortable. The indoor pool was spacious with plenty of towels and chairs. Outside behind it was a beautiful patio area. They don't offer free breakfast but they have a buffet for about ten dollars a person. We skipped it so I can not comment on it. They have a good selection in the market. The exercise room had hand weights and machine. Along with your standard cardio machines. Parking isn't free and you park in the parking garage behind it. That is my only complaint. Overall excellent hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The location just across the street from the aquarium cannot be beat. There were many attractions within walking distance and for those that are farther, the free trolley is right next door. Our room was clean and spacious with a new TV and nice view.The pool is small, but was perfect for our grandchildren who had a ball in it. The most outstanding feature , however was the service. The people at the desk could not have been more friendly and helpful. This included mailing us some medications we had left behind. and helping us to get our car started when the battery was dead. We can't wait to go back and enjoy thei rghracious hospitality again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Millbrook, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Stayed recently for an on-a-whim weekender. You couldn't ask more in regards to its location - it's in walking distance to virtually everything there is to do downtown. For the less physically inclined, the northern end of the downtown electric bus is located adjacent to the hotel.

Service was really good and the staff exceptionally friendly. Food service staff was also very helpful and friendly despite being extremely busy.

I booked this room online and got the breakfast-for-two included rate. Per the location and the hotel's breakfast rate, the special rate I got was pretty good.

Unfortunately, I forgot that we were still in the early stages of Spring Break so the city and hotel(s) were packed with families with children in tow. Some minor issues during this stay:
-I had requested early check-in when I made the reservation. Not available due to Spring Break.
-Requested a high-floor. Not available due to S.B. Got a 2nd floor accessible room instead.
-The volume could not be adjusted on the TV via the remote or the set.

Overall, a very good hotel, but be aware of holidays such as S.B.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

This hotel is in a fantastic location. You can walk to the Aquarium, and a lot of places to eat, as well as the children's museum and the electric trolley. BUT, it seems they are relying too much on this and have let customer service slide through the cracks. We asked for a river view. We did not get one as the room we selected doesn't have river views. We asked for a high level and were put on the second floor at first and when I reminded them, he switched us to the 6th. The website states free wireless internet as well as coffee service in the lobby. Well, The wireless in ONLY in the lobby, in the rooms it is wired, and mine was broken. I asked for extra towels, an extra foam pillow and for the pull-out sofa bed to be made up on our arrival. I had to call and request that again. When we went to the pool, there had been so many kids there the towels were gone.We had to beg for towels so the kids could get back to the room without freezing. (I asked if towels were provided at the pool and was told yes.)The coffee goes by by after breakfast and in the evening they put it out while tthe bar guy is there but it goes when he goes and is nowhere on Sundays after breakfast. We have had to beg housekeeping to make up our room every day and today they came in after I called for the 3rd time around 5 pm. I dropped off laundry yesterday morning and it still has not come back. I swear since I joined Marriot rewards I get treated like dirt. The wall with the connector door was so thin that the couple with the screaming child (I don't mean crying, I mean tantrum slamming doors and screaming) until 11pm last night could be heard in great detail. That kid woke up at 7 am screaming again. A hotel is not a place to allow your child o "cry it out".. When I complained I was told I could move?? WE have been here since SATURDAY..WE leave tomorrow.. NO we are NOT moving..This place is probably great for one or two nights, but anything more it is a disaster.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
aande755, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
April 15, 2010

Dear luvmysarah,

Thank you for visiting our property and providing valuable feedback and comments.

I am pleased that you found our location advantageous to your trip. We are fortunate to have several attractions and restaurants within walking distance for our guests.

I’m sorry to learn that you had some issues with your room and hotel amenities. Our hotel staff has been alerted to your concerns, and we are making every effort to improve these areas for the benefit of future guests. We are sorry to hear that your room requests were not met upon check-in, but glad we were able to accommodate you in some aspect. Please contact me personally before making your next reservation and I will make sure our system books you with the correct room.

The facility issues that you described are atypical of our property, and I will personally see that your concerns are addressed. I encourage you to give our Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Chattanooga another opportunity to provide you with excellent service the next time you are in our area.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have another chance to impress you, should your travels bring you back to our city.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns.

At Your Service,

Andrea Anderson
Market General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Downtown Chattanooga, TN
423.755.0871
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Love the convenient location to the downtown attractions but disappointed with the quality of the room. Bath linens were thin and coarse and the mattress and bed linens were tired. Expected more from the Marriott brand.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ringgold, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

I can't find anything bad to say about our recent trip to Chattanooga. The hotel was perfect! Comfortable beds, great location, all the amenities we needed. As parents, travel can often be difficult with small children, but a young man named Benton really made an impression. He was great at making my infant daughter laugh, and told me it was because of his son Bentley, who is right aroudnd her age. Andy at the bar was also wonderful. He showed my children a couple of magic tricks, and they still won't shut up about it! As we checked out we were greeted with smiles by a young man named Tony and a lovely young lady named Leah, who were also both incredibly friendly and helpful.

The hotel is right next to the Aquarium, which was the point of our visit, so the location couldn't have been better.

We really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!