“Excellent location, wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Statham, GA
“Excellent location, wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

We just returned from our first trip to chattanooga. Since we had never been we were really sure where to stay so we didn't book a reservation in advance. Once we saw how close this hotel was to the aquarium we immediately went to see if they had a room.

The only downside to this hotel is the parking. It wasn't a major hassle, but I do wish it had a direct pedestrian bridge from the hotel to the parking deck. The few parking spaces in front for loading and unloading were full when we arrived so we had to cart our luggage plus a two year old across the deck to the hotel.

We had the breakfast buffet and we both liked it. It was very convenient to eat there instead of leaving to find somewhere else.

If we return to Chattanooga we'll definitely stay there again!

• Liked — location, location, location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown for a weeklong business trip in December 2007. This place is great. The location in within walking distance to attractions and dining. There is complimentary breakfast every morning. The rooms are large, modern, and very clean. The staff are all very cordial and helpful. (I dined out every night on recommendations from the front desk. The restaruant choices were great and they give you coupons for discounts). The room rates are well below what I would expect to pay at a comperable hotel in another city. The only negative is parking is not included in the room rate ($7.00 per day).

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pay and walk outdoor for parking
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

My hubby and I just returned from an overnight getaway w/o the kids to Chattanooga. We have stayed many times at the Choo Choo b/c of the kids, but never again now that we have found the the Courtyard! The bed was wonderful!! Instant hot water in the shower. Very nicely decorated, and clean. The location is THE best if you are visiting the aquarium and downtown area. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and parking was very close even though it was in a parking garage. The price was the best of all the places I checked in Chatt. We did not eat breakfast or use the pool, so I cannot comment on those amenities. We were given discounts to several restaurants in the area. Ask for a river view, it is beautiful at night. Def. recommended!

• Liked — LOCATION! GREAT BED!!
  • Disliked — paying for parking and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

Hotel is very convenient to waterfront. We were there over Thanksgiving and the view from our balcony for the Illumination festivities were excellent. Room was very clean.

I was not comfortable with the parking which is behind the hotel in a parking garage. It is self parking with no valet service offered.
Since we were leaving around 6:00 a.m., was somewhat hesitant to walk in the dark around corner, through breezeway which is open to two streets and up in elevator to car. I suggest adding valet parking.

Also, advertised bar/lounge, but not available. I was also told tickets were available at hotel for Aquarium/Lookout Mountain. Desk clerk said we had to go across street and purchase.

Overall stay was very nice, staff was pleasant, and great location for downtown waterfront activities.

• Liked — Location to waterfront
  • Disliked — self parking in garage block away
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

I recently returned to Chattanooga, TN on a business trip. A few years back, I had stayed at this hotel once a month for the better part of two years for work. I found the hotel to continue to be as I remember it - a very friendly, courteous, accommodating staff; clean and comfortable rooms - everything that the business traveler could ask for except for room service. However, the property's location is within walking distance of several restaurants (local operations and chains). I was recently asked if I could recommend a hotel in downtown Chattanooga for a colleague and this was the first one that came to mind. I have stayed in a few other properties in Chattanooga over the years, but this was always my favorite.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
charleston, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

The hotel is right in the heart of the tourist activities - aquarium. IMAX, Bluff View, Art Museum and waterfront. The parking is convenient and is charged to your bill and includes in-and-out privileges. The desk staff was friendly and engaging and allowed an early check-in without even being asked. They were also always friendly coming and going. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet - top floor deluxe queen with river view is the way to go. Did not try the breakfast but there are several options in the area. Also for good eats try Blue Plate just up the street.

• Liked — Staff and room view
  • Disliked — small lobby
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I stayed for two nights. I expected the hotel to be crowded with families and children since it is directly across the street from the Aquarium, but I was pleasantly surprised. The swimming pool and whirlpool were virtually empty. I saw a few well-behaved kids, but I was relieved because I had heard that this hotel does sometimes draw the "families with lots of kids" crowd. Apparently that wasn't the case this particular weekend.

The hotel was clean and pleasant -- the floor that my room was on had been recently renovated. There was no bedspread on the bed just cotton sheets and a thick white comfy sheet cover. It was obvious that this hotel was getting rid of the old fashioned and disgusting habit of keeping unwashed bedspreads on the bed. The king bed was very comfortable. There were five pillows on the bed. There was a small deck that overlooked the downtown area, nice for sitting and relaxing. Amenties were very good.

The were two negatives: The hotel front desk person called 3 times in an attempt to have workers come in and change the curtain rod. I refused to allow this as the curtains were fine and looked brand new -- nothing wrong with the rod. Also, the $7 a day parking fee was rather steep, especially since the parking is a bit of a hike. If it had been raining, the parking situation would have been a problem.

Location is really good for anyone who wants to go to the IMAX, the aquarium, or the Bluff View Arts District. Many restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

Overall, a nice hotel with a good location in downtown Chattanooga.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!