“At the foot of Lookout Mountain.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3710 Modern Industries Parkway, Chattanooga, TN 37419   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerville, South Carolina
“At the foot of Lookout Mountain.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stay at this Holiday Inn Express hotel each time I'm in the Chattanooga, TN area and need to spend the night in this area. The hotel is located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Chattanooga, across the Tennessee River from downtown, near the I-24W exit ramp 174. As the title says, the hotel is located at the foot of Lookout Mountain in a quiet location near a variety of attactions. For both the business and the leisure travelers, in my opinion this hotel is located in an ideal location. The hotel grounds are clean and well-kept with plenty of parking space. The rooms are very clean and well-appointed and have internet access capability. The continental breakfast is comprised of a variety of foods as selection. The staff is professional and very friendly, ready to help you if you need assistance. Definitely a very nice hotel in the Chattanooga area to spend the night or a few nights.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
cbern648,

I could not have said it better myself! Thank you so much for the stellar review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

AJ Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were unfortunate enough to pick a weekend when the hotel was extremely crowded due to a cheerleading/dance competition, but the hotel seemed ready to deal with the extreme crowds. The staff was friendly- from check in, to breakfast, to check out we had service with a smile. The room was a little musty and worn (paint peeling on the mirror in the bathroom, drywall damage next to the tub) but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The halls were surprisingly clean and quite given the large amount of youths staying at our hotel, and the staff at breakfast did a good job of keeping everything stocked despite the large # of people in the dining room both mornings. We did not use the pool- it was far too crowded- and were a little disappointed there was no hot tub in the pool area. Also, beware, if you get directions off Holiday Inns website, they are wrong. I made the check-in staff aware of this, and they said they already knew, so I'm not sure why that hasn't been corrected. The location was convenient to both Lookout Mountain (it's just a short drive to the top) and downtown Chattanooga. Overall, I feel like this hotel was worth the money spent- especially if you're like us and just use the hotel as a place to sleep at night.

Room Tip: If you book on the Holiday Inn's website, you can reserve a corner room for a few more $, it'...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
KerBear135,

Thank you for your feedback as it means a lot to our management staff. We will be sure to get those issues that you have addressed corrected. Other than the minor issues that you endured, it seems that you had a pleasant stay despite our high level of business with the cheerleaders. I am currently looking into the internet directions to have them corrected as we definitely want to steer our guests in the right direction. Knoxville isn't but a hop, skip, and jump away so hopefully we'll be seeing you again soon in the near future. If there's any attractions that you are curious about in the area or just want to know more about things to do in the Chattanooga area feel free to give us a call and we'll fill you in. Thanks for your input and we truly appreciate your business!

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My overall experience at the hotel was AWESOME!!!! Everybody was extremely friendly and hospitable which made me feel like I was staying with family!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Melissa J,

Thank you so much for your review as it means a lot to the staff. We always strive to make everyone feel like family as we are a hotel in which our guests can relax and truly be themselves. We get this type of feedback quite often from our regular guests so it's great to hear the same feedback from someone who has only stayed during the weekend. We look forward to seeing you this year 2012 so don't hesitate to stop by even if it's just to say hello. Thank you again!

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I had an awesome experience at the Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain. We did not have a reservation and got an outstanding rate for a king room.

Breakfast was great, hotel was quiet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
TRBatlga,

As you have stated we always have great rooms with competitive pricing at our location. I am very excited that you had a pleasant stay with us. It's always exciting to know that you have a hotel that you can go to where the front desk staff will take care of your every need. We welcome all guests and the staff is always courteous, friendly, and personable. Thank you again for your feed back as it's always great to have repeat guests. Thank you again, and we'll be waiting for your return visit soon!

Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Upon our arrival we were greeted by a very dirty and foul parking area in front of the main doors. This is an older hotel and it shows. Maybe the managerial staff lacks the care or the knowledge about providing a first impression. We've had other hotels for less money with greater appeal. The room was adequate and the bed was ok but things were old and needing attention. I'd bypass this one and look for better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton Texas,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review as all reviews are much appreciated. I apologize for the presentation of the hotel during your visit to Chattanooga. However, I assure you that this is not typical and you will not find our property to be in that condition again. We have some very special things to come for our hotel this year so I do hope that you will revisit Chattanooga and give our property another chance. As a General Manager I do take pride in keeping the hotel up to standard and I love it when we are able to exceed your needs. In your case, I do understand that this did not occur and I am very disappointed in our performance from your standpoint. Lastly, the issues that you endured during our stay have been corrected and I hope that you find that to be true if you make a return visit. If not, please do not let this deter you from our brand as a whole. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Stockbridge, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We spent two nights at this hotel in Chattanooga. The bed was wonderful. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was a great added value. This hotel is near all the tourist places in town and is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel. This was great for us because we spent the day sightseeing and were worn out by dinner time. I would certainly go back again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
LarrJann,

Thank you for your excellent feedback on our hotel. The staff works very hard to meet your needs and it is always a pleasure when we have over-exceeded our guests' expectations. We look forward to having you back at our hotel and in the Chattanooga area very soon! Again, your feedback is much appreciated!

Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is not really a review, but a concern. I will be staying here this month. I was checking the bedbug registry online and there is on entry for this hotel occuring on July 5 2011. I am worried about staying now! Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
M H,

I am not sure how we were added to the registry that you are speaking about, but I do assure you that we do not have bed bugs. In fact, we have not had bed bugs during my tenure here at the Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain (4 years). I do believe that you will find that we have a very nice, clean property and an excellent front desk service team. We look forward to having you here in the near future and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain as your hotel choice of stay. See you soon!

AJ Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain

Address: 3710 Modern Industries Parkway, Chattanooga, TN 37419
Location: United States > Tennessee > Chattanooga
#9 Green Hotel in Chattanooga
#18 Family Hotel in Chattanooga
#24 Business Hotel in Chattanooga
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain 2.5*
Chattanooga s closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites to downtown. You will be welcomed with a true sense of Southern Hospitality. Our friendly staff is eager to help you settle in to feel at home while staying in Chattanooga. Our inviting rooms are attractively decorated and equipped to make your stay a comfortable one. Each room features a 25' cable TV with HBO, free local phone calls, and data-ports on each phone. Every room also has a coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and full size ironing board. Wireless High speed internet is also available at no charge. Our generous Complimentary Express Start Deluxe Continental Breakfast features a bountiful selection of cold and hot cereals, fruits, juices, assorted pastries, breads, hardboiled eggs, and our famous hot cinnamon rolls. Several restaurants are located within walking distance. Refresh while swimming in our lovely indoor heated pool or use our fitness facility. Join our Priority Club! Priority Club privileges include Express Check-in, Atlanta Journal-Constitution delivered to your room and 2PM late check-out at no charge. So spend some time with us while you visit Rock City, Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Imax Theater, Chattanooga Choo Choo, and many other great site in the area. The Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain is the closest property to Lookout Mountain, just in our back door. Stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga
Holiday Inn Chattanooga

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.