“Small and Quaint” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Small and Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Very small so make reservations. Food is great but prices are very high.

Visited December 2010

chattanooga
“Great food, but service is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We love the food. The orreccetti (sp?) is the best pasta I have had anywhere in town. The sauce that is served with the calamari is amazing, too. The only problem with Boccaccia is the service is poor at times. Once we had a reservation, and at the same time we arrived, another group of 3 women showed up WITHOUT a reservation and begged their way into a table. They were served BEFORE US! They had drinks and turned in food orders before anyone even came to our table. We almost left but I wanted that pasta so bad that we decided to stay. We had to ask the hostess to please send someone to our table. After that, the service was better on that trip. Sadly that experience was better than the service on our first trip. I love the food so much that I will give it another try.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Excellent - perfect steak, delicious pasta, wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I recently returned here for our 2nd visit this past weekend. On our first trip I had the New Zealand Lamb chops, but this time I decided to try the Filetto ai tre pepi...filet with three peppercorns sauce and asparagus. My wife tried the Cappellini del Sud: cappellini pasta with roasted artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and capers in a white wine sauce with fresh herbs.

Both were absolutely excellent. My steak was cooked to absolute perfection. We eat at a lot of steak houses that for some reason or another cannot cook their steaks properly, but this Italian restaurant sure does. The sides of asparagus and potatoes were excellent too, I was sad when I had finished my last bite.

Watching plate after plate of the best-looking lasagna come out to the other tables made sure we will return to try it, as it looks amazing. The atmosphere at this small restaurant is warm and cozy, and while it was loud and lively on this Saturday night it did not detract from our experience.

We will definitely return, and if you haven't tried this hidden gem yet be sure to do so soon! Thanks Boccaccia for a great experience, it's so nice to feel you've received value for your money.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had obligations downtown Chattanooga and it was my wife's birthday. She works close to the restaurant and so we opted to give it a try. This was probably one of the best Italian meals we had both had. When you put a bite in your mouth you knew it was delicious. service was great. The other good part about the evening was the fact that on your birthday you receive a "free" entree and dessert. That made it even better.
I would highly recommend this restaurant if you really want Italian.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“The highlight of my weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I went to Boccaccia with some friends to just relax, but also to have some of the best offered in Chattanooga. I was not disappointed in any respect! Everything from the bread to the dessert far surpassed my expectations. Something as simple as Ceasar Salad ... was the best I have had in such a long while. I had the salmon - perfection - absolute perfection! The accompanying veggies could not have been any better. My one and only difficulty was the noise level - there is no sound dampening at all - so I loudly overheard conversations three tables over.

• Visited October 2011