“Chattanooga Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cartersville, GA, United States
“Chattanooga Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited the art district for our anniversary, The Check in clerk put us in Room 418 Which was the date of our 44th anniversary. When we got parked & went back into the lobby w/luggage He ran over and presented us w/a goody bag w/water, soda and some snacks and the sweetest card. signed Hampton Inn wish I could remember his name, but I'll never forget his smile.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I traveled this weekend with my husband and kids. When i booked the hotel, i had asked for a roomwith a bbalcony so my kids would be able to look our and see what was happening on the busy downtown streets. When i arrived, there were no more balcony rooms, and I will just say that EDWARD at the front desk really took care of us since we weren't able to get the room we chose at booking. EDWARD went above and beyond to assure that we were satisfied with our stay. The personal service was spectacular. I must say that KEISHA was very sweet and helpful as well. There was some type of band convention there at the same time and you would think that a bunch of middle school students would be loud and always unruly making your stay miserable, but it wasn't bad at all. My kids enjoyed seeing the students in their uniforms and the kids were pleasant.
I an a very picky person and I use TRIPADVISOR often to get people's honest opinions about places I am thinking of visiting. If you are like me, stop looking for any other hotel in Chattanooga, and go ahead and book with Hampton Inn Chattanooga downtown. You wont be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great, you get more space when you get a suite. Alsotry Hill City Pizza for tak...
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a nice property in a very convenient location in downtown Chattanooga. The room we stay in overlooked the Discovery Museum and had a large balcony. The lobby was nice and the WiFi signal was strong for us.

The only downside to this hotel is the parking. $8 is mid-range for Chattanooga hotels in my experience. I paid $10 at the Marriott Convention Center a few years ago and over three times that in Atlanta this year. So no price complaints from me. What I will complain about is that the parking for this hotel was designed by a car-hating masochist. I suppose that helped the LEED certification (LOL). Ignoring all the spaces marked "Car Pool" or "LEV", there are at least two separate parking areas which dead end. There is no indication of the lot being full until you are committed to a dead end. Since you have to swipe your card to get into the lot and a gate lifts to let you out, I think it isn't asking too much for the lot to indicate when it is full.

One cannot enter the hotel from the lower level of the parking. You must walk completely back up and back to the front of the garage before cutting through an opening to the hotel.

Honestly, I liked the hotel but can't believe someone with a brain designed the parking lot in this century.

Room Tip: My guess is you choose between a view and noise. Fourth is busy and can get loud early in the mornin...
Green Features: Painting LEV and Car Pool on spaces is a joke when they are full of full size pick up trucks.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked/Checked in two nights ago. My husband and I originally booked a different hotel. When we arriving at the ‘Four Points by Sheraton at Hamilton Place’ we instantly found a bed bug behind the pillows (Thankfully before we had unpacked) SO of course we turned right around in a panic. My second choice had been the Hampton Inn Downtown. We made a phone call to this hotel from Four Points and the front desk with Hampton was very pleasant. My only concern of this hotel was the price but now having stayed I believe it is fully worth every penny.

When arriving at the Hampton Inn Downtown everything was instantly nicer. My husband’s first opinion after checking in and getting back into the car to inform us we could come in was, “I feel a LOT better now.” The staff seemed a lot more professional defiantly very friendly, the hotel lobby was clean and very brightly colored. Our trip was for only one night and honestly we would have liked to extended just to stay another night. From what started out as a terrible trip we felt the Hampton not only saved our opinions of this trip but they also enhanced it ten-fold.

We got a regular double bed room and I was surprised with the SIZE of the room very big, high ceiling made for sound proofing – worked well. I have stayed in MANY hotels in many different city’s but this one was one of my favorites. Bathroom shower worked good, beds/room was super clean. We had microwave and fridge in room. The hotel seems very guest driven. If you lose or forget anything they can help you out. Free cookies at desk, free coffee/ tea & coco at all hours of the day/night. Indoor pool was small but they had large outdoor pool, loved the pool area, our door fireplace and fire pit.
Our room had a great view of the ball stadium and kid’s museum (Where we were headed in the morning) My daughters kept watching the street and seeing a horse-driven carriage walk by all night. During my stay it happened to be a Friday night and about 10PM we got quite the surprise with a free (awesome) view from our room of fireworks over the ball park about 10PM. My kids LOVED it!! My daughter (4 yrs) actually told me she wants to come back to this exact room and she wants to make sure that no one takes it. ; )

We ordered from Mellow Mushroom which is just a few blocks down, my husband went to pickup while my daughter and I sat down by the outdoor fireplace with our complimentary hot coco. She really enjoyed that.
In the morning we took advantage of the Free continental breakfast (with some more hot coco) and we were very impressed. Good selection, everyone seemed to be in such a great mood even the other guests were so friendly. You can tell everyone is pleased and being well taken-care of. Again very guest driven.

Breakfast of this day included: Free bottled water, 3 different kinds of juice, 3 Different types of milk, Assorted Cereal, 4 –5 Different types of Yogurts, Oatmeal w/3 topping selections, Waffles, Danishes, English Muffins, Toast, Assorted Jellies and Honey, Pork Sausage, Cheese Omelets, Hard Boiled Eggs, Assorted chopped fruits, Muffins, Whole assorted fruits like bananas, oranges, apples.

There is also a little shop downstairs with a few necessities if you forget something like popcorn or want to grab a snack on the way out. I have heard that they will bank the type of cookies you like if you mention to them your favorites and often offer discounts or coupons for any attraction that you are heading out to that day so make sure and stop by the front desk to check that out before you venture out. When we checked in the front desk instantly asked if we were making any plans on area attractions and my husband said the kids museum. They didn’t have any coupons that day but she said that she will check back (For the record we weren't asking for any coupons she was just voluntarily helping us out) The hotel is VERY clean and up kept well. My daughter spotted a light going out in the lobby while we were eating breakfast and within less than 2 seconds we saw a maintenance man come by and fix it before our eyes it was done. I consider myself to be very clean and finicky about certain things but I absolutely will return to this location, would recommend to ANYONE and hopefully next time we can experience the Aquarium and get a similar room. This hotel was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, bright, very friendly and well kept. We had no issues with sound, couldn’t hear one upstairs ( We were on 5th floor ) we didn’t have an issue with sound from road. Air conditioner and fridge didn’t make any excessive noise. No complaints.

We were WELL please.
The parking is $8.00 for self-parking and the garage is a little tight but considering the fact that you have to pay to park anywhere downtown it wasn’t bad at all. It’s right across the street from Children’s Museum and a short walk to the Aquarium. It’s in a good park of town, more of a college district (my uncle lives in town and approved the area), make sure and check for any events downtown. We really enjoyed our stay and want to thank the staff for saving our trip, we will be back again.

Room Tip: View of Ball Park/Children's Museum for Friday night about 10PM had fireworks April 2013 - Ask f...
Guntersville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Although Chattanooga is only about two hours away from Guntersville, AL, where we live, we decided to vacation here to see the city and also to visit the Aquarium. Chattanooga is a tourist friendly city.
The Hampton Inn & Suites also is very visitor friendly. This hotel is very clean and all the people working here, from the managers to the cleaning staff are very friendly and aim to please. This is a fairly new building so the rooms are very nice and they are kept that way. This Hampton Inn has been one of the best Hampton Inns we have been in for friendliness and attitude. There is alway a friendly hello and how can we help you today. In fact, it is the first Hampton Inn where we have always been greeted by management and where they have gone out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They even ask what kind of cookies you like and check to see if they can bake any for you. On Wednesday evenings they offer snacks (hamburgers, etc.) and soda and beer for their patrons. And today we were given a coupon for a 10 percent off at a local restaurant. This has never happened before at any Hampton Inn.
This Hampton Inn & Suites has a very nice pool area (indoor/outdoor pool) and courtyard seating area. One evening we sat with our coffees enjoying the fire and looking at the very pretty fountains.
If you plan on going to Chattanooga, I heartily recommend this Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Chattanooga. It is located near all the attractions and close to the river. And I have to say the best Hampton Inn & Suites we have stayed at and this is because of the people who work here.
You do have to pay for parking but I believe all the hotels charge for parking.

Room Tip: There are six floors so ask for a higher floor and a courtyard view. The city view is nice also. We...
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The parking garage was inadequate for the number of guest rooms. There were no open spaces to park my car at about 10:00 pm. and the parking fee was $8.00.per night. It should have been free. I was unable to check into my room upon arrival at 2:00 - 2:30 pm. My room was not ready until about 3:20 pm.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The location is great. The staff provided quality customer service. Everything was clean and inviting. I was there for business but I would return to stay for personal travel as well. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown? Share your experiences!